Turn on thread page Beta

Hi all,

I've been on this forum so many times, but never actually posted so thought I might as well ask on here.

I'm in a tough position. I recently started Sixth Form, taking Double IT at BTEC. It's been great but I've noticed that my IT teachers actually don't know that much about IT, and thus I'm not actually learning anything (IT is my thing, I know a lot about IT and I was hoping to learn more by going to sixth form - but I seem to be teaching the teachers on the subject).

For example, I'll be sat in lesson and all I'll be doing is either correcting the teachers or teaching the teacher (and class) on things that they never mentioned. I'm not actually learning anything.

Now I've contacted a different college (bigger college and apparently better IT course) and been told that I can take IT at Level 3 BTEC (I'm currently doing Level 2) *but* I need to finish my current year at my sixth form.

Is it worth me spending money on buses, food and resources to go to Sixth Form until the end of the year, considering that I'll be moving anyway, or should I leave now, try and find a decent job and spend my time practicing what I know?

Thanks for reading, I'll be going through each reply and judging on what I should do.

PS: The sixth form isn't a bad sixth form; it's actually really nice but the IT teachers that I have don't know what they're talking about, and many times I've had to help them or correct them.

ReputationRep:
    I’d stick it out tbh (there isn’t long left)and then you can go to the new college to start level 3!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Supernova36)
    I’d stick it out tbh (there isn’t long left)and then you can go to the new college to start level 3!
    I would but the thing is, it's costing me a lot to get to the college to not learn anything. I'm going through my whole wage in about 2-3 weeks because of it.

And I don't live close enough to walk it - the other college is literally a 5 minute walk from where I live now (Moved after going to college).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I would but the thing is, it's costing me a lot to get to the college to not learn anything. I'm going through my whole wage in about 2-3 weeks because of it.

And I don't live close enough to walk it - the other college is literally a 5 minute walk from where I live now (Moved after going to college).
    I'd stick it out. You could call up the new college, explain the situation and ask if it is essential for you to finish the year. Don't see how you could do much more really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I know it feels like a drag but I would honestly still stick it out, there’s weeks left of the year !! The you can go straight to level 3 with no worries xox
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.