Turn on thread page Beta

Step To It! What can your steps do? watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

Motivation: It's... Wait I've already done that speech.
    To read that rousing speech and join the motivation conversation, click this magic little link here...
    Magic Link

But why am I talking about motivation anyway?
    Well as you may be aware TSR has teamed up with Sport Relief to support their cause and raise up to £5k on behalf
    of you and your feet. In order for TSR to raise that money we need to reach a grand total of 100million steps.

That's a lot of steps and I think we could all do with some motivation to get it done.
    In that thread with the wonderful speech I mentioned how goals and challenges can be a great motivator,
    so here are some motivators for you...

I've put together a list of some of the things your feet could achieve with their steps.
    Why not pick one or create your own and challenge yourself to take that many steps as part of
    TSR's Sport Relief league to help raise that 5k and make yourself proud?
    Post your progress here and it might just motivate me to sort out a rep-tastic prize for somebody.

:creep:

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

What can your steps do?:

Walk from TSR HQ to Brighton Pier: 1,900 steps

Walk from London to Brighton: 109,612 steps

Walk around the Nurburgring: 27,244 steps

Burn approx 500 calories: 10,000 steps

Walk the Great Wall of China:
    27,815,040 steps

Walk the length of Hawaii's largest island:
    196,416 steps

Walk Land's End to John O'Groats:

(Tag me with your suggestions to add to the list)

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'm up to just under 250 steps today so my current goal is 500 steps by the end of the day. That's about the distance to my local supermarket and back apparently.
    I have some issues which mean I'm not walking the Great Wall of China any time soon, but I will keep encouraging myself to do a few more steps each day. Whatever your capabilities you can set yourself a goal that suits you and be proud of yourself when you achieve it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I love really close to work about 1000 steps which I think is about 1k or so. Most of my steps are done walking around the hospital though
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    I love really close to work about 1000 steps which I think is about 1k or so. Most of my steps are done walking around the hospital though
    1000 steps is better than nothing! Have you downloaded the Sport Relief app? In TSR League we can compete against each other!
    https://app.sportrelief.com/welcome?corpId=teamtsr
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Jack22031994, jenhasdreams, Plagioclase you've stepped from London to Brighton!

#TeamTSR has almost made it from Lands End to John o'Groats!
    And a whole bunch of you have made it around the Nurburgring (I'm hoping to join you soon).

Keep it up guys and soon we might step our ways to that 1k mark! We're already past 10% and more and more people keep stepping in to help. GO TEAM!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.