Need to pick a Hall at BU and not sure
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Nicobel)
    What are your initial thoughts? What are your priorities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    What are your initial thoughts? What are your priorities?
    It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has actually lived in some of the Halls and hear their experiences. I don’t want the catered Hall as would prefer to cook for myself, and don’t want the Hall in located in Poole but other than that not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you’re first year:
    Lyme Regis- I stay here, it’s awful awful value for money. Very basic it’s just stupid
    Purbeck- Seems to be better value for money, a lot more spread out and modern. Free printer too
    Home park- jackpot, I’m seriously impressed with what I’ve seen. By far and away the best student accommodation I’ve seen, very expensive though(£150 a week)

I’d also recommend you stay at Cranborne and Dorchester as I’ve heard good things about it, but I wouldn’t stay in Okefield or Student Village, you want to stay near Landsdown campus as that is where you have the best chance of meeting people, and is near to majority of freshers events will take place
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Nicobel)
    Hi there!
    My name is Alice and I am a student ambassador at BU so hopefully I can help. Would you say you are the type of person who enjoys the nightlife?
    Alice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrianMcEgg)
    Assuming you’re first year:
    Lyme Regis- I stay here, it’s awful awful value for money. Very basic it’s just stupid
    Purbeck- Seems to be better value for money, a lot more spread out and modern. Free printer too
    Home park- jackpot, I’m seriously impressed with what I’ve seen. By far and away the best student accommodation I’ve seen, very expensive though(£150 a week)

I’d also recommend you stay at Cranborne and Dorchester as I’ve heard good things about it, but I wouldn’t stay in Okefield or Student Village, you want to stay near Landsdown campus as that is where you have the best chance of meeting people, and is near to majority of freshers events will take place

Im currently in Lyme too- lifts are ridiculous, 1 between 450 students atm. Very basic although I have had no issues really.

Purbeck- my 1st choice but glad i didn't get as the walls are ridiculously thin, my friend has proper conversations at night through her walls to flatmates just speaking normally. Free printers haven't been working since September either.

Home park- very expensive with a fab study room I use a lot via a friend, she says its very overpriced although decent. Beware because its a new build they try to con you out of money by paying for 'repairs' that aren't your fault.

Dorchester- double beds seems nice, big kitchens.

Chesil- above coop and very quiet, only about 200 people.

Student village- you're near uni but nothing else. Nights out will need a taxi and no shops nearby.

To be honest it all tends to come down to wether you get on with your flatmates or not, even the best accommodation will be hell if you don't and vise versa.

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.