Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My dissertation is due in 6 weeks and I need advise. I don't know whether to pack it all in - as I haven't even got a title. I've done loads of primary research, which has confused me further. Also, it looks like I'll now be writing on a period that I have no prior knowledge. Should I change topics and start again? Or is it too late?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by bh80)
    My dissertation is due in 6 weeks and I need advise. I don't know whether to pack it all in - as I haven't even got a title. I've done loads of primary research, which has confused me further. Also, it looks like I'll now be writing on a period that I have no prior knowledge. Should I change topics and start again? Or is it too late?
    Speak to your dissertation supervisor/tutor. If you do change topics you're going to want more time, and they will need to let you have that time. If you're struggling to give it a title, or confused about the primary research, they can help with that too.

ReputationRep:
    Six weeks is loads of time, don't fret. Speak to someone like MR suggested above, get yourself on track.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, you already invested a lot. Just try to contact your supervisor or someone who already did Ph.D. may help you. If you have done it , make it. You can also contact some Dissertation consultants online, they can also help you with this. Same story was with me, I just contacted Jessica Smith, one of the best dissertation expert at godissertationhelp(.)co(.)uk She helped me a lot in completing my dissertation.

Best of Luck..!

ReputationRep:
    Pick something that you studied or was offered as an example from your project supervisor.
    I only met my supervisor once anyway and he had no idea wtf I was doing as he was a programmer and I did a 3D game.

I would advise:
    - Get a title that maybe is similar to an example shown before.
    - Make a contents page - that will be your to do list.
    - Do it now and keep doing ti every day! the final year summer will be so awesome once you have completed it!

In fact, i'm gathering student opinions on dissertations to try help students exactly like you. - i'd really appreciate it if you could do this typeform and tell me your thoughts in 1 minute.
    https://aaronbraich.typeform.com/to/Vcd0KR

Good luck with your Disso!
    Aaron

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 28, 2018

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.