Turn on thread page Beta

I'm going to approach this girl tomorrow at the bus stop, need some opinions/options. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jules)
    I had typed quite a few things which was another story about a man who asked me out on the street and i went on a date with him then the page just switched off so everything I wrote dissappeard so it's too annoying for me for me to try to do it all again so I'll have try to write lots of shorter posts incase that happens again.

1. Talk to her straight away and ask her for number instead of waiting til she gets off because something could happen where someone she knows gets on halfway through the journey then you won't be able to ask. (last year while waiting at a bus stop a bloke said I look familiar and asked if I lived in the area then he asked for my number before the bus came but i did say no because he was too young, although age isn't important and if I did really fancy him I would've said yes)

2) If she gives her number always give yours too

3) sit next to her on the bus

4) I have to think more about not but ask about what her favourite band is, favourite film, favourite food as you might have those things in common

I wasn't expecting these questions so I'm not really sure so i'll call on ANM775 to help you in what he's done before and you can use all those or anything he says or both advice

I actually don't think he should go steaming in there and asking for numbers.

I don't don't it anymore [mainly because it's low probability] but I have approached quite a few women in public. Although being direct and revealing your hand straight away is quicker and tbh less anxiety on the part of the guy [as sometimes when you start of being indirect you end up chickening out of transitioning to direct] ...it is more effective to chat to her a bit first and not appear like getting her number/going on a date was your primary intention to talk to her.

A significant amount of girls will class guys overtly approaching them on the street as players/f**kboys/upto no good. It is not all that socially acceptable in this country to just walk upto a girl in public and start hitting on her.

The girl doesn't know OP, for all she knows he could be a f**kboy cruising for his latest victim.

success is at least getting a kiss [at some point].
    phone number is not success. I know guys with phone books full of phone numbers and that's all.

the less well a girl knows you the lower your probability for success
    the less socially acceptable your approach is the lower probability of success.

If I [a stranger] asked you to borrow a fiver how likely would you be to lend me it?
    If your friend at school/work asked you for a fiver would you be more or less likely to lend it to him than me?

why?

same thing goes for hitting on women..............

Imo OP should speak to the girl for a combined total of at least 20 minutes first before making a proper move [trying to set up date/asking for phone number] ...and tbh you shouldn't even be asking for phone numbers, all the young people these days are asking for snapchats and stuff, and girls are less protective over their snapchats than phone numbers so i can see why this is happening.

really OP should be using the chance that he see's her every day to get to know her better thus improving his chances of success.

From what he mentioned the first time he spoke to her she was either a no girl or a maybe girl. A maybe girl might give out her number sometimes ...but she will rarely turn up on dates. Unless this girl is showing signs of being a yes girl do not ask her out on a date. For the most part only yes girls show up on dates....

A girl with options isn't going to spend 2 hours getting ready, and come out in the blistering cold to meet some random guy for a date she spoke to for 2 minutes who she's only half sure about .....and that's the god damn truth...

His best bet would be to stagger out his approach, talking to her a bit each day [whilst dropping hints] and then hopes she comes round [she starts showing signs of being a yes girl]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cykam812)
    Holy **** these posts are great and the stories were more than enjoyable to read! Before reading your two posts i was almost certain to myself that i wasn't going to approach her again, but after reading them i decided making another move would most likely be the best option, as stated in your post i don't think i showed my true intentions and it could be misleading if anything was to happen although i'm in doubt. Anyway i think i'll approach her straight away at the bus stop when i see her this week and take her number, if not give her my number using the advice you said. Although i think i might skip upon asking her out on a date straight there and ring her on one of the following nights if i was to get it, I have a couple of questions though.

1. Should i talk to her straight away i see whether its waiting at the bus stop or after we get of the bus?
    2. If i do manage to take her number, should i also give her mine?
    3. After taking her number should i leave her be?
    4. More of a in general question, but what else would be a plus for me to do apart from the advice, small things if any.
    I thought you were going to get some really good advice but no. So just stick to some parts if mine. It doesn't matter if it doesn't work, it's about thd fact that at least you tried it instead of dreaming about doing it and no going through with it like most men.

It's best to just ask her so you can get it out of the way and know whether she's interested in you as just chatting to her like a friend everyday hoping she will fancy you isn't going to work. I hate it when the same men whom i dont really know keep talking to me whenever they see me as if they think just because I spoke back to them that we're friends. They've got no idea that I don't really want to talk to them but I don't want to be cruel by telling them this so sometimes if I spot them on the street or supermarket before they see me i will avoid them so unless you want to be friendzoned its best for You to know if she really likes you by being honest and direct and if she gives you her number or social media.

You should prepare yourself for if she says no then you won't be so upset but hopefully that won't happen

ReputationRep:
    Holy **** these posts are great and the stories were more than enjoyable to read! Before reading your two posts i was almost certain to myself that i wasn't going to approach her again, but after reading them i decided making another move would most likely be the best option, as stated in your post i don't think i showed my true intentions and it could be misleading if anything was to happen although i'm in doubt. Anyway i think i'll approach her straight away at the bus stop when i see her this week and take her number, if not give her my number using the advice you said. Although i think i might skip upon asking her out on a date straight there and ring her on one of the following nights if i was to get it, I have a couple of questions though.

1. Should i talk to her straight away i see whether its waiting at the bus stop or after we get of the bus?
    4. More of a in general question, but what else would be a plus for me to do apart from the advice, small things if any.
    Many years ago I was sitting on a bus and a bloke asked me out, I said no because he was not good looking at all. He continued talking to me then I got off the bus.
    A week later I saw him again on the street and he was talking to me and I was talking back just to be polite, he asked my number again and I said no then we said bye.
    Then another week later we saw each other again and were chatting and he asked my number again.
    Then we'd bump into each other every couple of months, same question asking for number.
    It mightve been a year passed and we saw each other again. It syarted getting on my nerves so i wasn't friendly one time hoping hed get the message but he didn't then next time i saw him i apologised for ignoring him. And i always tried to just be polite at least, we live in the same area. And it's been 10 years where he'd keep asking me out. It's like that film Groundhog day because everytime he'd ask my number as if he thinks by chatting everytime that I'd fall in love with him and want to go out with him.
    The next time I saw him I was getting fed up so I would avoid him if I saw him coming down the street or I would not get on the same bus as him so I'd pretend I'm waiting for another bus so he wouldn't sit next to me
    I felt cruel to do it but this is why sometimes women have to lie and pretend they already have a boyfriend.
    And if I just started talking to men not all of them would want to talk to me if they didn't find me attractive

Heya just want to say that this is what my current boyfriend did; I was waiting at the bus stop and he approached me and said that he liked me. 8 months later and we're still together. However its never going to be perfect, it was kinda awkward at the start but now I couldn't be happier.
    So I would say give jt a go.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were going to get some really good advice but no. So just stick to some parts if mine. It doesn't matter if it doesn't work, it's about thd fact that at least you tried it instead of dreaming about doing it and no going through with it like most men.

It's best to just ask her so you can get it out of the way and know whether she's interested in you as just chatting to her like a friend everyday hoping she will fancy you isn't going to work. I hate it when the same men whom i dont really know keep talking to me whenever they see me as if they think just because I spoke back to them that we're friends. They've got no idea that I don't really want to talk to them but I don't want to be cruel by telling them this so sometimes if I spot them on the street or supermarket before they see me i will avoid them so unless you want to be friendzoned its best for You to know if she really likes you by being honest and direct and if she gives you her number or social media.

You should prepare yourself for if she says no then you won't be so upset but hopefully that won't happen
    Two things: Firstly you complained about losing some of your longer stories due to page time-outs and such things- used to happen to me all the time and I found it infuriating lol, the trick is just to keep pressing control+C (copy) every paragraph so that when something eventually goes wrong and you lose it all you can just open the reply again and paste it all back in .

Secondly, you are giving a lot of advice that you like to asked out very directly and quickly when being chatted to by strangers and extrapolating this to all girls. This makes me think you're pretty confident and straightforward and indeed for girls like this/you just being clear about your intentions is by far the best way forward, and you might irritate girls like this/you by beating around the bush.

HOWEVER, a lot of girls are pretty shy/untrusting of strangers and would probably find such a direct date request overwhelming and reactively say no to it even if they might have some latent interest in the guy. For these girls its definitely better to spend at least a short amount of time building a little comfort/familiarity first.

So it basically comes down to being able to calibrate to the individual to figure out the best way to approach them, and I would not say that asking them on a date immediately is best for all girls ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In One Ear)
    Two things: Firstly you complained about losing some of your longer stories due to page time-outs and such things- used to happen to me all the time and I found it infuriating lol, the trick is just to keep pressing control+C (copy) every paragraph so that when something eventually goes wrong and you lose it all you can just open the reply again and paste it all back in .

Secondly, you are giving a lot of advice that you like to asked out very directly and quickly when being chatted to by strangers and extrapolating this to all girls. This makes me think you're pretty confident and straightforward and indeed for girls like this/you just being clear about your intentions is by far the best way forward, and you might irritate girls like this/you by beating around the bush.

HOWEVER, a lot of girls are pretty shy/untrusting of strangers and would probably find such a direct date request overwhelming and reactively say no to it even if they might have some latent interest in the guy. For these girls its definitely better to spend at least a short amount of time building a little comfort/familiarity first.

So it basically comes down to being able to calibrate to the individual to figure out the best way to approach them, and I would not say that asking them on a date immediately is best for all girls ever.

Well Thanks for the first advice and as for the second, I'm not confident at all and I don't think I am good looking but other men seem to think so. I don't know why men keep approaching me but some women never get asked out and probably would want to and some women don't like it but it's a great way to meet a potential partner depending on if you both like each other. I knew a few women who met their partner/fiance this way but I haven't got round to telling the op about that yet. And I trust noone but depending on if I'm attracted to a man or what he looks like, personality I'll give the guy a chance and go on a date with him but what I hate the most about dating is men always use negging on me so that puts me off wanting to go on always my more dates.

Asking all girls on a date is best to know where they stand instead of pretending your happy with being just friends.
    I used to tell men I turned down dates with that we can be just friends and most of them would say, I've already got lots of friends so I don't need anymore, I want a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:

About that story about the bloke I first met on the bus, after the first 3 times i said no then he stopped asking for my number and said we can be just friends but i didn't think he'd be able to be just friends and maybe he'd think i would change my mind if we started off as friends but I knew I would never change my mind as he's not my type at all. So when I said he kept it up for 10 years i meant he stopped asking for my number but we'd bump into each other on the street over that period of time. One time he asked me to come to his place for dinner but I said no as I don't trust being alone with any man in their home unless I was attracted to them.
    He lived 5 mins from where I live. And I live across the road from a bus stop so I'd see him sitting there waiting for the bus so I would wait until he got on it then I'd go out. But one thing I do regret is not giving him a chance as a friend because he was a nice guy.

ReputationRep:

What's the update in that girl then ?
    I didn't want to ask before because I wasn't sure if it had gone well or not.
    Well whatever happened at least you had the balls to try it.
    But I still think it's better to always ask a girl straight away instead of playing games of being a friend first because you wouldn't Want any girl to talk to you and pretend shd likes you just as a friend just because she's being polite back.
    I'm not confident but I still just prefer men to be straight about why they came over to speak to me instead of just pretending they wanted to be friends or just a chat plus if you see anybody you like you havevto strike whole the iron is hot or you might not see her again or someone else could ask her out.

15 years ago on a course I heard a girl saying she'd asked a boy out and he said no and totally humiliated her so she said she'll never ask a boy out ever again. So girls have always asked boys out too but it doesn't get talked about much or it doesn't happen very often but there's no point boys waiting for girls to do it for those 2 reasons alone.

I was going to tell you about another way to meet girls but didn't get round to it.
    It's on 2 live streaming apps called Bigo Live and
    Live.Me
    But there's no guarantee you'll meet any girls but a lot of people do
    Bigo is full of drama, bullying and rascism but I still like it so I thought I'd warn you first.
    Have a look at them both & if you want to become a broadcaster you can make money from it when people send you gifts.

I've decided I'm going to become a broadcaster but I'm only going to live stream films because I've seen 2 people who do just that and they never show their face and they still get thousands if gifts sent to them which they convert into money. Or a lot of people just play video games on it without showing their face and still get thousands

ReputationRep:
    What's the update in that girl then ?
    I didn't want to ask before because I wasn't sure if it had gone well or not.

If it had gone well we would have had an update for sure

He either lost his nerve and did nothing more, or he got rejected by her

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I’m really tired, I’ll post an update tomorrow along with replies
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I’m really tired, I’ll post an update tomorrow along with replies
    You don't have to give an update if you don't want to but it does work for some people but not everybody. It's just luck if that person likes you back.
    I've met lots of people in the past who approached and ended up in a long term relationship or got engaged.
    I couldn't be bothered to write about the other stories as sometimes it takes me a long time to write. I've been addicted to that bigo app and having a laugh watching all the drams on that and i also heard about lots of other different live streaming apps from other people on there too but I haven't tried the others only because I can't download anything else on my phone.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to give an update if you don't want to but it does work for some people but not everybody. It's just luck if that person likes you back.
    I've met lots of people in the past who approached and ended up in a long term relationship or got engaged.
    I couldn't be bothered to write about the other stories as sometimes it takes me a long time to write. I've been addicted to that bigo app and having a laugh watching all the drams on that and i also heard about lots of other different live streaming apps from other people on there too but I haven't tried the others only because I can't download anything else on my phone.
    I really wanted to post an update but just couldn't be bothered, anyway instead of approaching her again i decided that i wouldn't but not because i lost my nerve or anything like that, I just thought about it logically and came to conclusion that if she was interested in the slightest she would pick up where i left off last time, In the end she didn't pick it back up. I'm just not the type of guy to speak to someone again or chase after that person if they didn't show any form of interest the first time i spoke to them which kinda happened, but then again i guess you could say there were no chances to show interest as i spoke to her a minute or two max. I'm still glad i approached her and got it over and done with by the help of the comments, so thank you.

Also thanks for putting in the time to write the stories and replies @Judge_Jules they were really quite enjoyable to read, and the comment about the apps you recommended i did end up making an account for live.me on the day you posted the reply and streamed on it for about 2 hours watching a film, wasn't that bad tbh and will probably use it again, l'll check out bigo soon as well sounds entertaining lmfao.

ReputationRep:
    I really wanted to post an update but just couldn't be bothered, anyway instead of approaching her again i decided that i wouldn't but not because i lost my nerve or anything like that, I just thought about it logically and came to conclusion that if she was interested in the slightest she would pick up where i left off last time, In the end she didn't pick it back up. I'm just not the type of guy to speak to someone again or chase after that person if they didn't show any form of interest the first time i spoke to them which kinda happened, but then again i guess you could say there were no chances to show interest as i spoke to her a minute or two max. I'm still glad i approached her and got it over and done with by the help of the comments, so thank you.

Also thanks for putting in the time to write the stories and replies @Judge_Jules they were really quite enjoyable to read, and the comment about the apps you recommended i did end up making an account for live.me on the day you posted the reply and streamed on it for about 2 hours watching a film, wasn't that bad tbh and will probably use it again, l'll check out bigo soon as well sounds entertaining lmfao.
    Thanks for the update, it's always interesting to find out what happens afterwards.
    But you should have tried again but this time ask her on a date/ phone number or just for her social media if that's easier

ReputationRep:

When men approach me but don't ask me out I never ask them for their number except one time with a guy from the library but ill tell you about that next time.
    But if a man spoke to me and didn't ask me out and i see them next time on the street or in a shop I would never ask them out or ask for their number out of embarrassment if they said no

ReputationRep:

I have to write very short replies and a lot of them because something strange started happening yesterday where I'd type a lot of words then a pop up competition from You Tube appears then I lose everything I wrote so it's very annoying and it only happens on TSR

ReputationRep:

Because some girls are scared of rejection too so they won't make the next move so it's best for you to just go all the way and ask for their social media or number. You will never know if she was interested in you if you don't ask her for these things.
    Males are supposed to do the chasing so if you leave it down to the woman you will stay single. It would be great if girls made the move or chased men but that doesn't happen for a lot of men so somebody has to do it.
    You will regret it if you don't try one last time even if it doesn't go well because then at least you'd know for sure.
    And you will never know if she did like you back or not.
    She might be too embarrassed to talk to you.
    When men have spoken to me and I see them the next time I never go up to them to talk because I think what if they changed their mind and have gone off me and tell all their friends about it ? Then that would be embarrassing. Maybe she thinks the same.

ReputationRep:

Someone on this thread told me how to save stuff I write before it dissappeard but I asked a friend 5 mins ago to show me how to write it and save then copy and paste it onto TSR so that's what I'm doing now

ReputationRep:

I'm so glad you tried the live streaming app because I'm eternally grateful for my friend telling me about it and so I like to tell others in return. It's a great laugh but I still haven't tried broadcasting yet. You did it before I did

ReputationRep:

On Bigo for a whole week I've been watching a man called Andrew being mercilessly bullied by lots of people.
    He sometimes changes his name to Chloe. But he does stick up for himself.
    I was considering contacting a bullying hotline, and the media to highlight bullying on live streaming apps and to stop people picking on this particular man so he gets help so he can enjoy using live streams. It's hillarious watching him and the other people who are picking on him because of how silly they act but it's not nice to see Bullies spoiling his time on the app and making up stories about him which are not true or he's just harmless. Anybody who is 30 or over gets called a paedo. This is wrong to label people without proof.

I'd like to see pensioners and all ages old and young using live streams because it's great for anybody who's lonely and has no friends or for people who's friends/families deserted them or don't make any effort to go out with them anymore or leave them out of invitations and it's also great to make new friends. But the only bad thing is the bullying so be aware this happens. I haven't seen this on Live.Me but it doesn't mean it doesnt happen there too.
    But I love watching both apps now but especially Bigo Live, it's just some people on it are not always nice on Bigo so they spoil it.
    I spend a lot of time just watching a guy called Killswitch TV. He just shows films on Bigo 24 hours a day and gets thousands of gifts sent to him. He gets 500 views while other people only get 100 or less watching them. I like watching the films on it because it's like your watching it with loads of people but he never shows his face or talks on it but it's still great fun watching movies he live streams on it

ReputationRep:
    On Bigo for a whole week I've been watching a man called Andrew being mercilessly bullied by lots of people.
    He sometimes changes his name to Chloe. But he does stick up for himself.
    I was considering contacting a bullying hotline, and the media to highlight bullying on live streaming apps and to stop people picking on this particular man so he gets help so he can enjoy using live streams. It's hillarious watching him and the other people who are picking on him because of how silly they act but it's not nice to see Bullies spoiling his time on the app and making up stories about him which are not true or he's just harmless. Anybody who is 30 or over gets called a paedo. This is wrong to label people without proof.

I'd like to see pensioners and all ages old and young using live streams because it's great for anybody who's lonely and has no friends or for people who's friends/families deserted them or don't make any effort to go out with them anymore or leave them out of invitations and it's also great to make new friends. But the only bad thing is the bullying so be aware this happens. I haven't seen this on Live.Me but it doesn't mean it doesnt happen there too.
    But I love watching both apps now but especially Bigo Live, it's just some people on it are not always nice on Bigo so they spoil it.
    I spend a lot of time just watching a guy called Killswitch TV. He just shows films on Bigo 24 hours a day and gets thousands of gifts sent to him. He gets 500 views while other people only get 100 or less watching them. I like watching the films on it because it's like your watching it with loads of people but he never shows his face or talks on it but it's still great fun watching movies he live streams on it
    I'll start with your earlier replies, I agree that most likely i won't ever know whether shes interested or not if i don't make another move such as asking for her social media/number, because yes realistically the chances are extremely low for her to a make a move, like you stated she might be shy or in fear of rejection etc and i think i did kinda rely too much on her to approach me and carry on where it left off, but i didn't want to have to make the first move again and chase after someone in order to essentially get an answer. I'll defiantly think about making another move though as i guess it would be better to get a clear answer instead of assuming that she isn't interested when really it could just be her been shy or embarrassed, so yeah ill update on whether i do.

lmfao sounds like this Andrew guy is having the time of his life, tbh i'm not usually interested in watching someone bait viewers by getting "offended" or "bullied" but then again it may be genuine which then it may be worth checking out lol, but i think just in general i don't really care for people sat down and streaming unless you're talking Asian Andy hes the ****ing man and i would defiantly recommend checking some of his stuff out. I also agree with your statement about pensioners and all the old ages live streaming it could actually work really well and there could be so much that could be done that normally wouldn't be enjoyable to watch but because its a pensioner it is, could also bit of fresh air for streaming as it is usually people under the age of 30. Also just went on bigo now and by first glance it looks to be the perfect place to be if you're not English lol i think ever stream i clicked on was a different language, I also tried searching for Killswitch TV but couldn't actually find out how to search for someone and wasn't able to make an account because they didn't send a code to my phone, great.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.