Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I can’t seem to revise watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys Im doing gcses and I only got a few months left till the exams. I’m trying to prepare for them but every time I revise, I feel tired every single time. It’s not because I don’t get enough sleep and I don’t take any breaks. I really wanna pass my gcses and I seriously feel doing something worse to myself because it kills me every time when I can’t be productive and others do. Is there any way that I can gain enough energy to revise because when I force myself to revise my mind goes blank and I start thinking about other things. HELP BEFORE I START MY GCSES. Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Freshyeezys01)
    Hey guys Im doing gcses and I only got a few months left till the exams. I’m trying to prepare for them but every time I revise, I feel tired every single time. It’s not because I don’t get enough sleep and I don’t take any breaks. I really wanna pass my gcses and I seriously feel doing something worse to myself because it kills me every time when I can’t be productive and others do. Is there any way that I can gain enough energy to revise because when I force myself to revise my mind goes blank and I start thinking about other things. HELP BEFORE I START MY GCSES. Thanks
    Have a coffee. remove all distractions and do 30 min stints. At some stage you have to focus or you run the risk. If you feel its medical then see your GP as there are reasons you can feel fatigued.

ReputationRep:
    I’d agree with the above post, caffeine can be so helpful when revising as it stops you from being tired and helps you focus. Don’t have too much though.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What you need to do is find a revision method that is really fun and motivates you to revise! I make mind maps and display them all over my wall. It takes me about an hour to make one because I love the creative side of doing it. Then I take a five-minute break, eat and drink something and start again. I also like to do Q cards and I write on them and flick through them a couple times a day. once you find a revision method that really motivates you you'll probably enjoy it more and won't get as tired and bored when it comes to revision. Watch revision videos on YouTube for Science, English, Maths and humanities subjects that are fun and interesting and write up notes about them too. It's all to do with the way you do it and the mindset you're in. Make sure you're room is well lit and don't listen to loud music because you may get distracted. But leave the food and water away so that you have to get up and move around every half hour to an hour or so to have a break and refresh yourself. Hope this helps

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.