Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At a loss of what to do. Thoroughly.

My environment that I’m in is SQUISHING me down — the school’s culture feels so off and is not for me at all. Everything is just so terribly negative. To the point where I know it’s that, as when it’s the holidays, I’m completely fine in myself

Don’t know how I’m going to pull myself through it and find the strength to study well. It’s not a conducive atmosphere for good grades and I have 12 academic weeks left before I leave and go to college — I know it’ll fly but the thought of that many ‘get ups’ makes me feel sick.

I have one true/take a bullet for you friend — male (and I’m female). He feels similar about the place but gets on average-ish with the group of lads he’s in, and sits with them at break and lunch etc. Other than that there’s a couple of girls I don’t mind, but they’re already in pre-established groups. I can’t exactly impose on it and not everyone likes me.

Feel like a riiiiight outcast. Currently in a group of 8 at lunch because two of the girls used to be my friends, but I know for certain they judge others and have overheard them chatting about me before in an unkind way, e.g criticising me for always leaving early to get a drink of water or for eating yoghurt or any foods that aren’t standard wraps/pasta. it’s all petty and I know for certain when I leave I won’t look back or talk to any of them, ever.

A really lonely feeling but all groups either spend their weekends drinking on fields, judging others or being mates with each other. I don’t feel like I am on their level AT ALL. I don’t want to stay out all night. I don’t want to be image conscious. I don’t want to swear and be negative about everything.

I end up doing the cliche of loner, which is walking slowly to my next lesson and staying in the toilet on my phone. Which is embarrassing in itself!

I feel like I’m surrounded by a bunch of children. I prefer most the staff to most the students and just itching for a change now... but it shouldn’t be like this. I should be enjoying my last ever year but I’m HATING it.

How do I stop all of it from getting me down? Any ideas of how to improve things for myself short term? Would be insanely grateful for any advice, be it anecdotal, personal or just words of comfort...

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have been there and first things first, nothing wrong with being a loner. I was a loner for at least 2 years in school anyways yet I was able to survive the hell that was known as secondary school. I was judged all the time but I got through by focusing only on myself and doing what I enjoyed. Here is what helped me to survive: 1. in any situation don't say anything at first and breathe, just breathe. Man was born to breathe so just breathe. Then say whatever you want to say, the brain works faster than the mouth so you would have thought of many things in that time 2. Make a revision/study plan and force yourself to stick by it if you think you can't cope with the revision. Trust me it really works. 3. meditate, learn patience, self discipline and be selfish enough to make yourself happy and want to succeed.
    Most important thing of all, do everything you enjoy but not too much, you still gotta study. Best of luck, hope it helped.

ReputationRep:
    hey... whenever I'm sad or feeling down I like to plan it just reassures me that I have everything together, like at my old school I was just not having it, school felt like hell but I was trying to convince myself that everything was fine, I just had fake friends at my old school, they always judging. And now when I see what they are up to, I felt glad that I had moved school because they stayed the same and I found real friends. I found hanging out with fewer friends is better than one big group of 8+ friends.... This may sound a bit odd but on my desk, i stuck my absolute favourite quotes and pics of what my fav things are, so whenever I feel like giving up with school or work, it just helps me get by ... and find something you like in school like maybe a certain club or a lesson or if you cant find anything, maybe you could even start a club there like a friend of mine she loves to dance but there wasn't a dance club at our school so she asked a lot of people and it happened.... i really hope this helped and look foreward to the future like maybe plan what you are going to do, i planned when i graduate im going to get a tatoo and im now looking foreward to graduating lol... have a nice day and sorry this is quite long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethistu7)
    At a loss of what to do. Thoroughly.

My environment that I’m in is SQUISHING me down — the school’s culture feels so off and is not for me at all. Everything is just so terribly negative. To the point where I know it’s that, as when it’s the holidays, I’m completely fine in myself

Don’t know how I’m going to pull myself through it and find the strength to study well. It’s not a conducive atmosphere for good grades and I have 12 academic weeks left before I leave and go to college — I know it’ll fly but the thought of that many ‘get ups’ makes me feel sick.

I have one true/take a bullet for you friend — male (and I’m female). He feels similar about the place but gets on average-ish with the group of lads he’s in, and sits with them at break and lunch etc. Other than that there’s a couple of girls I don’t mind, but they’re already in pre-established groups. I can’t exactly impose on it and not everyone likes me.

Feel like a riiiiight outcast. Currently in a group of 8 at lunch because two of the girls used to be my friends, but I know for certain they judge others and have overheard them chatting about me before in an unkind way, e.g criticising me for always leaving early to get a drink of water or for eating yoghurt or any foods that aren’t standard wraps/pasta. it’s all petty and I know for certain when I leave I won’t look back or talk to any of them, ever.

A really lonely feeling but all groups either spend their weekends drinking on fields, judging others or being mates with each other. I don’t feel like I am on their level AT ALL. I don’t want to stay out all night. I don’t want to be image conscious. I don’t want to swear and be negative about everything.

I end up doing the cliche of loner, which is walking slowly to my next lesson and staying in the toilet on my phone. Which is embarrassing in itself!

I feel like I’m surrounded by a bunch of children. I prefer most the staff to most the students and just itching for a change now... but it shouldn’t be like this. I should be enjoying my last ever year but I’m HATING it.

How do I stop all of it from getting me down? Any ideas of how to improve things for myself short term? Would be insanely grateful for any advice, be it anecdotal, personal or just words of comfort...
    I was in a similar situation when I was in secondary school. All I would say is focus on your GCSEs and getting out. Before you know it you’ll be gone and you’ll meet people who truely want to be your friend. Trust me, it gets better
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.