Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of hate and propaganda against Muslims and also the Halal meat.

It has led me to beg the question is NON Halal meat actually safe to consume?

I ask this because it was only a few months back when the UK's biggest meat supplier Russell Hume was found to have breached many food safety practices raising the question whether their meat is fit for human consumption.

Today The Guardian reports that in the US pork and poultry are contaminated with blood and faeces and diseases and are being sold for human consumption.

There are many Non Muslims who eat Halal meat because it's clean, hygienic and healthy (no meat is healthy if it's unhygienic!)

Now with the lovely Donny Trump wanting a trade deal with the UK is the NON Halal meat really fit for human consumption?

https://www.theguardian.com/animals-...chicken-plants

ReputationRep:
    As a Muslim it doesn't really matter if its safe for me to eat, because I don't eat non halal meat c;;

But I hope its safe nonetheless. Faeces, blood and disease wtf that's naaassstyy

ReputationRep:
    yes it is , not that big of a deal

ReputationRep:
    There's no bloody difference in the taste.

Something qualifies as Halal meat only if God's name should be pronounced over the meat as a show of appreciation.
    They all taste the same though.

It's safe to eat.

source: Eaten halal and non-halal meat for 17 years and I'm still living.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well considering I've been eating meat all my life and have no health issues caused by eating meat (as have billions of other people) I'd say it's pretty safe.

ReputationRep:
    That was then guys. I think you all missed the key points in my post and the link to the article explains more...

ReputationRep:
    That was then guys the future looks different

I think you all missed the key points in my post and the link to the article explains more...

Halal isn't just a recitation of the shahada - the animal has to be healthy / clean etc

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.