Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just received my grades for my January exam, and I did very bad in one of them and very mediocre in the other

I had prepared for these 2 exams a lot, and I thought I knew all the content- so I don't know where I have gone wrong and I feel so demotivated at this point in regards to my course and just uni in general.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should be doing from now till May to improve my grades (Currently I'm studying EU law, Tort law and Land)? Or does anyone have personal experience on having done not so great on one half of the module but managed to pull your grade up with the other half?

ReputationRep:
    The goal is not to know lots; it is to understand lots and to understand it in depth.

Wasting your time learning 10 topics, i.e. knowing lots, is useless if your understanding is only superficial. Focus in-depth on 5/6 topics and try to understand. Start with the overarching principles of the topic first, the basics; then fill in the gaps as you go along. Don't try to learn everything about each of the topics in one go: if you cannot summarise the law of a give topic in one or two pages, you have little prospect of being able to answer questions on those topics fluidly come exam time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 21, 2018

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.