Turn on thread page Beta

Moving to Bristol to study masters in September 2018, need flatmates! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, as I've said in the title I'm planning on moving to Bristol University in September to study. I am a 22 year old girl looking to study my Masters in Philosophy this upcoming academic year. All the houses which is within my price range (around £400-£500pm including bills) require that the rooms are filled by a group of people.

My problem is that I will be moving alone, I won't have any friends or anyone I know to buddy up with. Does anyone know what I can do to find people to move in with or is anyone in the same situation?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mariaamin)
    Hi, as I've said in the title I'm planning on moving to Bristol University in September to study. I am a 22 year old girl looking to study my Masters in Philosophy this upcoming academic year. All the houses which is within my price range (around £400-£500pm including bills) require that the rooms are filled by a group of people.

My problem is that I will be moving alone, I won't have any friends or anyone I know to buddy up with. Does anyone know what I can do to find people to move in with or is anyone in the same situation?
    I'm going to move this over to the Bristol subforum for you

Have you tried posting on a Bristol University/Bristol flat-finding Facebook page?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    I'm going to move this over to the Bristol subforum for you

Have you tried posting on a Bristol University/Bristol flat-finding Facebook page?
    Hi! I'm completely new to this so I'm still getting used to it. Yeah, I have. Haven't had much luck yet. Thank you!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mariaamin)
    Hi! I'm completely new to this so I'm still getting used to it. Yeah, I have. Haven't had much luck yet. Thank you!
    Don't worry about it

These flat finding groups are quite active (in Edinburgh anyway) so I'm sure someone will take on your offer soon

ReputationRep:
    Hi have you had much luck finding flatmates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollieeex)
    Hi have you had much luck finding flatmates?
    Hi, yeah I've found a place and have found two others to live with but it's a 4 bedroom flat so we're looking for one more person

ReputationRep:
    Hey there I might be moving to Bristol to complete a Ma in Documentary at UWE next year. Where is the place you found?

ReputationRep:
    I am interested, I am planning on doing a PGCE starting in September. Where are you looking at? I'm in exactly the same boat

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.