Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Guys i've messed up. I told myself at the beggining of the year im gonna start my revision and its now 12 weeks away from my first exam and im literally knees deep in overdue homework tasks and i havent started ANY REVISION. even for mocks i didnt revise a bit. I know in this post my grammar will be so bad but i dont care im panicking so much.But i really need help how can i possibly catch up on MONTH and i mean MONTHS worth of hw and ACTUALLY PROPERLY START my exam revision. I want to get amazing grades but i dont know whats wrong with me i keep procrastinating. what do i do. and how do i stop procrastinanting and get started catching up on hw and revision

ReputationRep:
    Why is this me as well.

ReputationRep:
    i have never related to anything more lmao but i'll marry rich its okay

ReputationRep:
    i did my gcses last year, i started revising a few weeks after this point. dont stress, just start working now if you think you dont know anything. make a timetable and a to do list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous1231231)
    i did my gcses last year, i started revising a few weeks after this point. dont stress, just start working now if you think you dont know anything. make a timetable and a to do list.
    Can we still achieve 9s at this point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ihatelife2)
    Can we still achieve 9s at this point?
    of course , just make sure you're working smarter as well as harder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    of course , just make sure you're working smarter as well as harder
    When you say smarter, what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!! make a plan with short term and long term goals (eg. finish revising physics by the end of term as a long term goal, then individula topics by the end of each week as short term goals)

Make sure you also do some practice questions at the end of each topic, to ensure you have learnt the topics. For example, im doing A-Level maths, so every morning before school ill do a practice test (or half depending on if i have enough time) and mark it when i get home. Also use the spec to make sure you havent missed any key points.

Prioritise subjects if you have to, spend more time on the core subjects as they are by far the most important.

AND JUST REMEMBER, take regular breaks and find what motivates you must to work hard and efficiently. Make sure you get enough sleep each night, if you dont it will affect the rest of your day and you wont be as productive as you like.

ReputationRep:
    When you say smarter, what do you mean?
    well you have to make sure you're doing productive revision and working hard at the areas you find hard first

then make sure you're doing the right form of revision , don't sit staring at your books for hours , do that the night before the exam (before bed) or even before you go to the exam hall in the morning. Past papers are the key here, especially for subjects like maths and sciences , do as much as those as humanely possible

also use your teachers as much as you can , if you don't understand something go up to them, if you missed a lesson , go ask them for work , hell even if you need more papers go up to them and ask.

ReputationRep:
    Allow the Homework, it’s not important when your that close to GCSE. If possible try and make as much notes as you can from text books and Youtube within this month and after that start doing past papers. I mean all of the past papers you can find. Make a revision timetable (including free time) and once you’ve done all that don’t look at your phone or go on the computer to do any revision. Let someone take care of your streaks on SnapChat and concentreate. Go over and oer your notes until your familiar with it. Do the papers and any questions you get wrong go over the corresponding topic. Keep doing this until your tests are over. Trust me G its not that hard and the holiday after it oohh the best holiday ever. Just get on the grind now. Believe me most people haven’t started properly yet. I believe in you Man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    well you have to make sure you're doing productive revision and working hard at the areas you find hard first

then make sure you're doing the right form of revision , don't sit staring at your books for hours , do that the night before the exam (before bed) or even before you go to the exam hall in the morning. Past papers are the key here, especially for subjects like maths and sciences , do as much as those as humanely possible

also use your teachers as much as you can , if you don't understand something go up to them, if you missed a lesson , go ask them for work , hell even if you need more papers go up to them and ask.
    Thank you. I need to really ****ing fix up. I just always revise the night before or the morning of the exam. I can always get around a 7/8 like that but never the holy grail of the 9. I really want to get a 9 so badly now.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I need to really ****ing fix up. I just always revise the night before or the morning of the exam. I can always get around a 7/8 like that but never the holy grail of the 9. I really want to get a 9 so badly now.
    Gl

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, do not panic. I did my GCSEs last year and i hadn't started revising now, I didn't properly start until well after easter, or revise at all for the mocks (i failed most) and I still did pretty well in the end - i got a 9 in eng lang, 6 in maths, 7 in eng lit, A* in RS, B in history and C in french and C in all science (I took triple so it was super hard). If i was you, I'd just work on getting all the overdue homework done and out the way. Forget about revising until thats all done - the homework will hopefully help you consolidate work you have been doing anyway. Do not panic, and remember that the exam period it actually quite long so for your last few exams you have a lot longer to revise for than your first exam, so whilst you're in exam period you'll be able to cross exams off and focus your revision onto the remaining exams. I was so stressed at this point last year too, but i guarantee you will not flop. You have to believe in yourself and be positive! Otherwise you will get nowhere

ReputationRep:
    I think the best thing you can do is to just start now. I advise doing lots of past papers and reading the mark schemes which are basically the mother load of all tests (in my eyes at least). Make a timetable and stick to it, it won’t be easy but if you really want to achieve high grades then you have to work for it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.