Turn on thread page Beta

I can't get over the fact that I messed up my GCSEs so much.. watch

.. I've posted on here before but I can't get over it!

I was predicted to get A's and above but I didn't!

Everyone keeps telling me that it'll be fine, that GCSEs don't matter, that I got an 8 in English Lit, 8 in Lang and 6 in Maths so it'll be fine..

.. but only 2 A*'s and 3 A's doesn't seem like I can go to a good university!

I'm more worried that I only got a C in psychology which is the subject I want to do at university - I was expecting to get an A* on results day! :-(

lol you defo won't get into uni if you keep crying about gcse's and don't even revise for your a-level exams. It's February m8, this is the time to get your **** together
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I got a C at GCSE in one subject (PRE) and got A* at A-level. It really isn’t bad grades and nothing you can’t improve upon
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I got in to three unis for psychology with GCSE grade D you’ll be alright love
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    .. I've posted on here before but I can't get over it!

I was predicted to get A's and above but I didn't!

Everyone keeps telling me that it'll be fine, that GCSEs don't matter, that I got an 8 in English Lit, 8 in Lang and 6 in Maths so it'll be fine..

.. but only 2 A*'s and 3 A's doesn't seem like I can go to a good university!

I'm more worried that I only got a C in psychology which is the subject I want to do at university - I was expecting to get an A* on results day! :-(
    You'll be able to get into a 'good' university as long as your A-Level results are 'good'. A-Levels matter a lot, lot more.

ReputationRep:
    it baffles me that you think getting basically the equivalent of 5A*s and 3As is bad! That seems pretty good to me, I wouldn't worry about it at all

ReputationRep:
    Lmao I got into Russell group unis with no A's or A*. Most of my results were c's with one E. The way you talk it's as if you've ruined your whole life. As long as you have maths and English past C Unis really don't give a toss generally. Of course, if we're talking Oxbridge that's a whole different story.

(Original post by space-oddity)
    it baffles me that you think getting basically the equivalent of 5A*s and 3As is bad! That seems pretty good to me, I wouldn't worry about it at all
    Just 2 A*s and 3 A's actually

ReputationRep:
    Just 2 A*s and 3 A's actually
    i still think it's pretty good! you can get into decent uni's with those results. all you have to do now is focus on your a levels and put your gcses behind you, or you'll end up spending too much time worrying about your gcses and make a mess of your a levels

ReputationRep:
    Tbh it seems you have too big expectations for yourself, I think you need to re-evaluate your actual skills. It can be easy to expect to get all A*s but it’s not realistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlestudent)
    Tbh it seems you have too big expectations for yourself, I think you need to re-evaluate your actual skills. It can be easy to expect to get all A*s but it’s not realistic.

Exactly, all OP should be feeling is proud of how well they've done. GCSES aren't easy, they're done at an age most people find the most difficult of their lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gussssss)
    Exactly, all OP should be feeling is proud of how well they've done. GCSES aren't easy, they're done at an age most people find the most difficult of their lives.
    Completely agree!

(Original post by Noodlestudent)
    That's very true but I don't know how I got just a C in psychology where I was continuously getting A*s in my mocks and I felt happy after the exams

ReputationRep:
    That's very true but I don't know how I got just a C in psychology where I was continuously getting A*s in my mocks and I felt happy after the exams
    Unless I'm mistaken you want to do this at uni? In that case, they most likely won't give a damn about that grade. Courses generally like a fresh pallet if you get my drift. Things learned in earlier study are irrelevant. They are there to teach you the subject after you've learned the foundations ie maths and physics for computer science (my course). They don't like people that pick up false information and stick to that etc. you're okay, psychology is very hard to do, in that scope of time especially.

ReputationRep:
    I still think you did well! Sometimes teachers can be really off with their marking or make mocks easier, just try a practice a lot for your next exams.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.