Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Might be accused of cheating an exam watch

ReputationRep:
    Hellooooo
    I just wanted to see what people thought about this..
    I was sitting my exam a day ago.. There was 2 invigilators in the room one female and one male, we received our exam and were given the go ahead to start, I had my calculator on the desk like everyone else but then just as the exam started one of the invigilators checked the covers of them the inside where you can't see until removed..I had 2 formulas wrote down on the cover and I had completely forgotten.. they were in bright permanent marker! he just took it off me and put it on a table at the top of the room.. this also happened to 2 more people out of 24 of us, he told me he was just putting it up there and I can have it back after the exam.. nothing else was said does anyone know what the story is with that or what I should be thinking? sorry for the long story.
    HE ALSO MADE A NOTE IN HIS NOTEBOOK AND I'M SURE FOR THIS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billygille11)
    Hellooooo
    I was sitting my exam a day ago.. There was 2 invigilators in the room one female and one male, we received our exam and were given the go ahead to start, I had my calculator on the desk like everyone else but then just as the exam started one of the invigilators checked the covers of them, I had 2 formulas wrote down on the cover and I had completely forgotten.. they were in bright permanent marker! he just took it off me and put it on a table at the top of the room.. this also happened to 2 more people out of 24 of us, he told me he was just putting it up there and I can have it back after the exam.. nothing else was said does anyone know what the story is with that or what I should be thinking? sorry for the long story.
    also I seen him making a note in his book a few minutes later.. very paranoid would appreciate some feedback

ReputationRep:
    Yo you might as well walk out of the other exams bro this happened to my cousin all his gcses got removed for 5 years he has to wait to do the exam again. He works at MCDonalds now.

ReputationRep:
    Hellooooo
    I was sitting my exam a day ago.. There was 2 invigilators in the room one female and one male, we received our exam and were given the go ahead to start, I had my calculator on the desk like everyone else but then just as the exam started one of the invigilators checked the covers of them, I had 2 formulas wrote down on the cover and I had completely forgotten.. they were in bright permanent marker! he just took it off me and put it on a table at the top of the room.. this also happened to 2 more people out of 24 of us, he told me he was just putting it up there and I can have it back after the exam.. nothing else was said does anyone know what the story is with that or what I should be thinking? sorry for the long story.
    did you do a mock exam?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How can you forget they were there if they're in bright pen?

ReputationRep:
    Hellooooo
    literally nothing will happen stop shtting yourself

ReputationRep:
    Is it a mock?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    How can you forget they were there if they're in bright pen?
    I rarely take the cover off the back of my calculator.. and I'd forgottn there was even a cover on the back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man111111)
    did you do a mock exam?
    no it was an exam I had in an IT one of my final ones

ReputationRep:
    Doubt they’ll do anything or if they did they’d inform you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I rarely take the cover off the back of my calculator.. and I'd forgottn there was even a cover on the back.
    You're not normally allowed the covers of your calculators in exams. You should have known to place it on the floor or not bring it with you. Learn this for next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mydasnmaghaberry)
    literally nothing will happen stop shtting yourself
    was just wondering what sort of biz would he be written in his notebook.. wish I could stop *****in meself because I have a feeling I done very well in the exam after😂😂

ReputationRep:
    no it was an exam I had in an IT one of my final ones
    if they do ask about it (which they wont)
    just be honest and there wont be any problems.
    youre overreacting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akbar InSnackbar)
    Yo you might as well walk out of the other exams bro this happened to my cousin all his gcses got removed for 5 years he has to wait to do the exam again. He works at MCDonalds now.
    hahahahhaha😂😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica_sayers)
    Doubt they’ll do anything or if they did they’d inform you
    I was thinking the same but then I've seen a few other forums saying you only find out when you get the results..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mydasnmaghaberry)
    if they do ask about it (which they wont)
    just be honest and there wont be any problems.
    youre overreacting
    I hope so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    You're not normally allowed the covers of your calculators in exams. You should have known to place it on the floor or not bring it with you. Learn this for next time.
    I had another exam today and of course I left it at home but he did check again but said nothing, I would just prefer if he said something so I could explain rather than failing over it..
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    They only removed it for the duration of the exam. That's why they check calculators before or around the start of an exam, it is probably an honest mistake but you shouldn't do that next time.

ReputationRep:
    I thought they would do something about it though and accuse me of cheating was just so surprised to not be accused of anything ..

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.