Turn on thread page Beta

Lately my boyfriend has been hella busy. We go to the same sixth form but we don’t really speak to each other unless it’s about the lesson we have together. We go on dates and speak to each other over the phone most nights. For the last week or so he hasn’t been able to speak over the phone or go on a date. We’ve been carrying on as normal in sixth form but I miss talking to him and hanging out with him just us two. I get that he’s busy but he’s always seems to have time to hang out with his friends. What should I do ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lately my boyfriend has been hella busy. We go to the same sixth form but we don’t really speak to each other unless it’s about the lesson we have together. We go on dates and speak to each other over the phone most nights. For the last week or so he hasn’t been able to speak over the phone or go on a date. We’ve been carrying on as normal in sixth form but I miss talking to him and hanging out with him just us two. I get that he’s busy but he’s always seems to have time to hang out with his friends. What should I do ?
    re'ignite the relationship, maybe he's become bored of the same thing always. Try do new things and give him a reason to want to spend time with you. Even if he's your bf, you still have to always give him a reason. Plus you're in sixth form, that's a busy time, it happens to all relationship as you get older so dw about it.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him- tell him how you feel. If he really cares about you, he'll make time for you. But don't worry too much if he's only been really busy for a week or so- it's likely that it's just a one-off and he'll be back to quality time with you soon. In the meantime, find something fun to do and keep busy yourself!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Have you told him this is how you feel?

(Original post by munkysox)
    Talk to him- tell him how you feel. If he really cares about you, he'll make time for you. But don't worry too much if he's only been really busy for a week or so- it's likely that it's just a one-off and he'll be back to quality time with you soon. In the meantime, find something fun to do and keep busy yourself!
    He’s been busy becuase he’s joined a new running club and goes 3 times a week so I think it will be like this for a while but I’ve tried like I keep asking him to do things when he isn’t at running but he always says he has plans with his friends or something.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Communication is very important in a relationship, so many people forget this. If you don't tell him how you feel, he won't know how to behave to make you happy.

(Original post by UWS)
    Communication is very important in a relationship, so many people forget this. If you don't tell him how you feel, he won't know how to behave to make you happy.
    I don’t know how to phrase it though becuase all of his free time he spends with his friends that I don’t know but I can’t exactly tell him that I feel like he spends too much time with his friends becuase he has the right to see his friends when he wants.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don’t know how to phrase it though becuase all of his free time he spends with his friends that I don’t know but I can’t exactly tell him that I feel like he spends too much time with his friends becuase he has the right to see his friends when he wants.
    You don't have to bring up his friends.

You say "boyfriend, I feel that we're not spending that much time together lately. Can we meet/talk more often as I enjoy meeting with you?" He might get the hint.

ReputationRep:
    Say that you're equally important than his running club, and can he cut it to 2 a week rather than 3 so you get more time with him?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.