Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I’m thinking of taking Advanced Higher English in S6. I’m really worried that I’m going to find it super hard. I have been reading about a thing called a “Desertion” and the novels people recommend and I’ve only heard of a few. I got an A in national 5, and in my prelims this year I got 1% of an A. Do you think I’d be able to do it. Im super worried. I’m like English but I’m not a book worm and do not know as much as others.

ReputationRep:
    Of course like any advanced higher it is difficult but if you have the work ethic go for it! Be prepared however for multiple folio pieces, the dissertation and a LOT of reading and if that isn't your thing then it may hold you back, I'm sitting it at the moment and got an A in the prelim so if you have any questions feel free to ask away
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinM1)
    Of course like any advanced higher it is difficult but if you have the work ethic go for it! Be prepared however for multiple folio pieces, the dissertation and a LOT of reading and if that isn't your thing then it may hold you back, I'm sitting it at the moment and got an A in the prelim so if you have any questions feel free to ask away
    Thank you very much for replying. What disseration books, or areas should I focus on if I do it. I love to be prepared. I have heard of “The Bell Jar” or “Alice in wonderland”. Are these cliche?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christy1920)
    Thank you very much for replying. What disseration books, or areas should I focus on if I do it. I love to be prepared. I have heard of “The Bell Jar” or “Alice in wonderland”. Are these cliche?
    They may not let you away with "Alice in Wonderland" but it ultimately depends on your school (but we were not). "The Bell Jar" is a fantastic idea and perhaps as often you need to compare 2 novels, however if you like the bell jar you could look into Plath's poetry (as long as you are not studying her as your literary study-as I am) and chose a couple of poems as there is a great deal you could write about them, don't worry about cliche too much because sometimes obscure things are hard to mark at advanced higher, again feel free to ask away or PM me

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.