Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which university is better for studying Pharmacy? Hertfordshire or Reading?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by diana5594)
    Better in terms of...?

ReputationRep:
    Are you referring in terms of socially, academically, or in terms of university's prestigious nature? Or overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fezzyduck)
    Are you referring in terms of socially, academically, or in terms of university's prestigious nature? Or overall?
    I mean overall
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    I've been at Herts now for the past four years, and whilst I didn't study Pharmacy, I really enjoyed my time here.

It's an amazing Uni that really takes into account students--it's evident that they care about the experience we have here. It's constantly being improved, physically in terms of the campus, but also educationally. There's tons to do on campus, and in the surrounding areas (great links to St. Albans and London and other Hertfordshire areas of note!).

I think the best way to decide between two Unis (besides talking to people on the course that go there) is to actually visit the Unis. Is there any way you can do that?

If you have any other questions about the Uni, let me know!

ReputationRep:
    University of Reading in terms of academics and socially, if you want a society that is well rounded and chill. Reading is quite rigorous but rewarding. Hertfordshire is more a society based (which means is a party type of uni) university and for Pharmacy it is meant to be really good, the people there tend to be more on the artistic side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelle Bieger)
    I've been at Herts now for the past four years, and whilst I didn't study Pharmacy, I really enjoyed my time here.

It's an amazing Uni that really takes into account students--it's evident that they care about the experience we have here. It's constantly being improved, physically in terms of the campus, but also educationally. There's tons to do on campus, and in the surrounding areas (great links to St. Albans and London and other Hertfordshire areas of note!).

I think the best way to decide between two Unis (besides talking to people on the course that go there) is to actually visit the Unis. Is there any way you can do that?

If you have any other questions about the Uni, let me know!
    I've visited both universities and really liked Hertfordshire but should I pick Reading as my firm as it is academically better?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    I've visited both universities and really liked Hertfordshire but should I pick Reading as my firm as it is academically better?
    I think you should always go with what you personally loved over statistics or reputation. So much stress goes into dissecting University reputations one way or the other--in reality, the number one thing dictating your success at a University is YOU. The most lazy person in the world could go to what's considered the prestigious Uni in the world--but at the end of the day, they're still going to be lazy. You're the person driving your success, at the end of the day.

If you are set on statistics, both Reading and Herts got a silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework, which looks at the quality of teaching at the University. Herts also has an impressive employment record, with 96.2% of students in employment or further study within six months of graduation.

Personally speaking, I think Herts does a great job at supporting students academically. My lecturers have always been personable, keen on helping me, and open to my ideas when it comes to dissertation and my studies. When it's gotten tough for me in terms of mental health or studying, my lecturers were incredibly understanding and right away directed me to on-campus support. I'm incredibly grateful to have studied at Herts!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.