Christy1920
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I really want to do journalism and I think media studies would be beneficial but I would be a crash higher. Would I be able to understand it okay? Or is it to complicated.
Beth286
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Media is not respected by unis so I guess it’s not that hard. I’m currently doing it at gcse (nearly finished year 11) and apart from coursework, it is quite easy. If you defo want to do journalism do media, media is a good thing to have in today’s society anyway
Christy1920
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ok thank you. What subjects are respected by universities then?
hh_namm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you enjoy studying Media/Journalism or you want to do it for a career in media?

If you enjoy the subjects, I would suggest you doing Media. It's because you have more things to learn in Media degree, including Journalism, PR, Advertising. It can be either hard or easy depend on which uni you go to. I'm doing joint honours (English + Media) in Newcastle and Media course here is intense tbf. It includes subjects like sociology, philosophy, politics and even psychology. Journalism seems a bit vocational and you shouldn't spend up to 3 years on it.

If you are looking for career-wise degree, don't do Media. I kind of regret picking it in my subject combination. Both journalism/media won't secure you a career as journalist. Most people working in media did English Literature, History, and Modern Languages. At the end of the day, those degrees can allow you to be flexible in other jobs (in case you don't get into media or you just change your mind).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.6%
I don't have everything I need (296)
43.4%

Watched Threads