Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've never liked math that much, but I've always done fine in it until now. Now that I'm in 5th grade (I live in the USA) my grades are slowing falling. I currently have a B. To be honest, this is the first year where I haven't had an A in every subject (I don't mean to brag but...ya know) Basically: my question is should I be worried, should I get used to it, or is there an actual solution?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by kcuiw)
    I've never liked math that much, but I've always done fine in it until now. Now that I'm in 5th grade (I live in the USA) my grades are slowing falling. I currently have a B. To be honest, this is the first year where I haven't had an A in every subject (I don't mean to brag but...ya know) Basically: my question is should I be worried, should I get used to it, or is there an actual solution?
    Have you spoken to your teacher about what you're specifically struggling with? Is it the content? The structure of the paper? Interpretation of questions?

ReputationRep:
    I don't live in the states and I'm 16 but honestly, I was in your position once. It was due to issues with teaching (our teachers either left or couldn't teach) and it's really worrying. do not give up but don't push yourself too hard. I'd say use youtube videos to help teach yourself topics you don't get, sometimes a different approach and a different person may help. I'd also speak to your teacher and voice your concerns. It may just be one lower grade and i'm a real perfectionist. I dropped from 97% in my 11+ to 30% consistently throughout my final year last year. It was terrifying. But I didn't ignore it and i got myself up to an A* which was such an achievement for me. But it took a lot of work and I wish I never ignored it when I was younger.
    I really hope this helps, I wish you all the best!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.