Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of putting Royal Holloway as my firm choice to do accounting and finance. Anyone who has been/currently studing there how is it? And to anyone studing accounting and finance how do you find it?

Thanks x
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by maheenxox)
    I'm thinking of putting Royal Holloway as my firm choice to do accounting and finance. Anyone who has been/currently studing there how is it? And to anyone studing accounting and finance how do you find it?

Thanks x
    Hi maheenxox,

I'm a recent graduate from Royal Holloway and I studied Drama and Theatre Studies.

I loved my time studying and as an international student, was really drawn to the university because of it's campus environment while also being close to London. I would often head into the city as part of my degree to watch shows and having a direct train from Egham to London made this super easy for me.

In addition to my course work, I was a part of several societies, worked part time and volunteered on the side as well. My department and the university were really great at working with me to make sure that I was balancing my work load throughout my degree.

For more information about our Management department, you are more than welcome to speak to Emily who is a current Management student on our website here. She's just come back from her placement year in the industry and would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the department or anything else you would like to know.

I'm also happy to answer any questions you have about student life, accommodation or anything else you would like to know.

Have you had an opportunity to visit the campus yet?

Susana

ReputationRep:
    Hi thank you for your reply!
    I have few questions: Which accommodation did you stay in? Which Would you recommend?
    Thank you very much!

(Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
    Hi maheenxox,

I'm a recent graduate from Royal Holloway and I studied Drama and Theatre Studies.

I loved my time studying and as an international student, was really drawn to the university because of it's campus environment while also being close to London. I would often head into the city as part of my degree to watch shows and having a direct train from Egham to London made this super easy for me.

In addition to my course work, I was a part of several societies, worked part time and volunteered on the side as well. My department and the university were really great at working with me to make sure that I was balancing my work load throughout my degree.

For more information about our Management department, you are more than welcome to speak to Emily who is a current Management student on our website here. She's just come back from her placement year in the industry and would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the department or anything else you would like to know.

I'm also happy to answer any questions you have about student life, accommodation or anything else you would like to know.

Have you had an opportunity to visit the campus yet?

Susana
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by maheenxox)
    Hi thank you for your reply!
    I have few questions: Which accommodation did you stay in? Which Would you recommend?
    Thank you very much!
    Hi maheenxox,

I stayed in Kingswood 2 and I absolutely loved it. I was an international student so for me, it was ideal that it's located just outside of the main campus. It's only a 15 minute walk from campus or you can take the free bus service that runs regularly throughout the day and into the evening.

Kingswood has it's own dining hall, bar and cafe, laundry facility and social space, so you really can get to know everyone who is living with you. My closest friends now were actually my flatmates from first year!

Everyone has different needs, so I can't recommend a single Hall of Residence as what might have been best for me, may not be best for you. All of our Halls of Residence are held to a high standard and we have guaranteed accommodation for all new undergraduate students so you'll definitely end up somewhere great.

Have you thought about which Hall of Residence you would prefer?

Susana

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 12, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.