Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im debating whether or not to go to Essex uni. Has anyone been / is there? How do you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maheenxox)
    Im debating whether or not to go to Essex uni. Has anyone been / is there? How do you find it?
    I am a third-year student at the University of Essex, studying Communications and Digital Culture.

I love studying at University of Essex because the whole community is friendly and upbeat, nevertheless the mixture of both staff and the students from more than 148 countries – sharing ideas and making those ideas happen are increasing this feeling. The University of Essex is definitely the most sociable place to study, the core example is the Silberrad Student centre which is always buzzing, or just walking through the corridors, always bumping into smiling faces, ready for an interactive conversation.

Furthermore, this university offered me a wide range of chances to develop myself through volunteering opportunities (vTeam), societies, sports (JustPlay), workshops (Employability Centre) and internships (Essex Interns). I am constantly creatively driven to become better and better every day and become a rebel with a cause. We have over 100 student societies, which the students can create or set up, focusing on outdoor activities, politics, music, different cultures and everything you can imagine. The Art area is not neglected, as well. We have the Hexagon, where are held different events, such as African drumming, and such, Cine10, the cinema experience and let not forget about the Lakeside Theatre. The Sports' Experience is a crucial core of the university, as we offer a free membership, unlike other universities to become part of more than 40 teams of different sports teams.

When it comes to our academic excellence, you will be taught by world-leading academics, as our University is being ranked as gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework in 2017. Our renowned student experience brings together our award-winning Students’ Union, sports clubs, societies and community spirit, all of which play a big part in why we, students are so passionate and proud to here. The university is committed to providing students with every opportunity to go above and beyond and reach their potential – professionally, academically and socially.

If you have any kind of questions, do not hesitate to message me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.