Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Resources for English Language...I am finally doing the actual GCSE 2017 paper tomorrow for my year 11 mock eeee!!! Not - I am not prepare I am scared!!!!
    I need help please its TOMORROW!!!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done the GCSE but just keep calm, ensure you analyse form, words and structure throughout! Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HettiBetti)
    Resources for English Language...I am finally doing the actual GCSE 2017 paper tomorrow for my year 11 mock eeee!!! Not - I am not prepare I am scared!!!!
    I need help please its TOMORROW!!!
    Literally just do as many past papers as you can. As far as I know there isn't any other way to revise English Language.
    When I did my mock a few months ago, I got an 8, And the only thing I did was past papers a few days before the exam.
    Go onto your exam board's website, and they will have specimen papers

ReputationRep:
    you need to know the questions such as
    question 1 - list 4 details from the lines this to this about this - 4 marks
    question 2- how does the writer use language to do this, you need to know your language techniques and effects - 8 marks
    question 3- whole source how does the write use structure to interest you, think about structure techniques like foreshadow- 8 marks
    question 4- your perspective basically question 2 and 3 together and u its says how much do you agree with this students statement- 20 marks
    question 5- write a descriptive story about this, use the language and structure techniques u know and write in paragraphs
    this is for paper 1
    and watch mrbruff on youtube he helps so much and do practice questions good luck i have mine on friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam717)
    you need to know the questions such as
    question 1 - list 4 details from the lines this to this about this - 4 marks
    question 2- how does the writer use language to do this, you need to know your language techniques and effects - 8 marks
    question 3- whole source how does the write use structure to interest you, think about structure techniques like foreshadow- 8 marks
    question 4- your perspective basically question 2 and 3 together and u its says how much do you agree with this students statement- 20 marks
    question 5- write a descriptive story about this, use the language and structure techniques u know and write in paragraphs
    this is for paper 1
    and watch mrbruff on youtube he helps so much and do practice questions good luck i have mine on friday
    Girl good luck because...it's so hard!!!! Especially paper 2 question 4 for lang!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HettiBetti)
    Girl good luck because...it's so hard!!!! Especially paper 2 question 4 for lang!!!
    so how did paper 1 go?

ReputationRep:
    so how did paper 1 go?
    Girl...It was so hard but the text was interesting.
    Question 3-5 were disgusting, deceitful, they were ANIMALS!!! I hated it!!! Girl.. good luck!!! I have my English Lit exams tomorrow!!! Both papers!!! I would much rather be doing a Religous Studies exam in which I got an 8 (91%)!!! eee!!! Wish me luck

ReputationRep:
    so how did paper 1 go?
    Girl...be prepared for Literature its awful!!! The questions are sort of easy, but for Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde you'll get a nice little surprise which is bad!!! cough cough *The question format* hint hint!!! Macbeth was...meh!!!! Poems so hard!!! Unseen poetry was....meh..eh...I can't explain it...but you'll probably find it easier!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.