The Student Room Group

Help!!

Resources for English Language...I am finally doing the actual GCSE 2017 paper tomorrow for my year 11 mock eeee!!! Not - I am not prepare I am scared!!!!
I need help please its TOMORROW!!!
Reply 1
I haven't done the GCSE but just keep calm, ensure you analyse form, words and structure throughout! Best of luck.
Reply 2
you need to know the questions such as
question 1 - list 4 details from the lines this to this about this - 4 marks
question 2- how does the writer use language to do this, you need to know your language techniques and effects - 8 marks
question 3- whole source how does the write use structure to interest you, think about structure techniques like foreshadow- 8 marks
question 4- your perspective basically question 2 and 3 together and u its says how much do you agree with this students statement- 20 marks
question 5- write a descriptive story about this, use the language and structure techniques u know and write in paragraphs
this is for paper 1
and watch mrbruff on youtube he helps so much and do practice questions good luck i have mine on friday
Reply 3
Original post by sam717
you need to know the questions such as
question 1 - list 4 details from the lines this to this about this - 4 marks
question 2- how does the writer use language to do this, you need to know your language techniques and effects - 8 marks
question 3- whole source how does the write use structure to interest you, think about structure techniques like foreshadow- 8 marks
question 4- your perspective basically question 2 and 3 together and u its says how much do you agree with this students statement- 20 marks
question 5- write a descriptive story about this, use the language and structure techniques u know and write in paragraphs
this is for paper 1
and watch mrbruff on youtube he helps so much and do practice questions good luck i have mine on friday

Girl good luck because...it's so hard!!!! Especially paper 2 question 4 for lang!!!
Reply 4
Original post by HettiBetti
Girl good luck because...it's so hard!!!! Especially paper 2 question 4 for lang!!!

so how did paper 1 go?
Reply 5
Original post by sam717
so how did paper 1 go?

Girl...It was so hard but the text was interesting.
Question 3-5 were disgusting, deceitful, they were ANIMALS!!! I hated it!!! Girl.. good luck!!! I have my English Lit exams tomorrow!!! Both papers!!! I would much rather be doing a Religous Studies exam in which I got an 8 (91%)!!! eee!!! Wish me luck:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by sam717
so how did paper 1 go?

Girl...be prepared for Literature its awful!!! The questions are sort of easy, but for Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde you'll get a nice little surprise which is bad!!! cough cough *The question format* hint hint!!! Macbeth was...meh!!!! Poems so hard!!! Unseen poetry was....meh..eh...I can't explain it...but you'll probably find it easier!

Quick Reply

Latest