Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Having practiced numerous LNAT test papers and achieving a result between 20 -24 - sat LNAT in October and my result came back as 13 Even on my worst day I never had a result during test papers as this. Has anyone else experienced this? I flagged some of the answers on the day to go back and check them, but had also marked the answer I thought to be right, so assume that even although I flagged them as a question, it would remember my choice. Struggling to understand why I have lost so many marks. Any advice would be appreciated.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by bellabob07)
    Having practiced numerous LNAT test papers and achieving a result between 20 -24 - sat LNAT in October and my result came back as 13 Even on my worst day I never had a result during test papers as this. Has anyone else experienced this? I flagged some of the answers on the day to go back and check them, but had also marked the answer I thought to be right, so assume that even although I flagged them as a question, it would remember my choice. Struggling to understand why I have lost so many marks. Any advice would be appreciated.
    There's not much you can do at this stage. Maybe consider retaking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellabob07)
    What practise papers were you using?

Here's a quick run-down of how I practised, and scored in the LNAT.

Average Score in Mark Shepherd's Practise Tests in his book: 30+
    Average Score on Arbitio: 20
    Average Score on The Lawyer Portal Practise Tests: 90%
    Average Score on Official Practise Tests: 30

ACTUAL LNAT SCORE: 26

This year, if you look at the average score, it was notably more difficult with 1/2 points being knocked off the average score. Dependant on what website/method you used to practise your LNAT MCQ's, will have wildly altered your perception of your skill level. I purposefully did a wide range of tests, including signing up to Arbitio as I knew they offered the toughest questions. When I was scoring 20 on those, I knew that really was going to be the worst day at the office for me as the actual test was unbelievably easy compared to them. Likewise, if you just used Mark Shepherd's book, where the questions were too easy, that will again have skewed your perception.

If you are being rejected from Uni's because of your LNAT score, there's no harm in taking a year out and trying again. That way when you apply next year, you'll have all your grades and as soon as your LNAT is done, the Uni will have it and you are likely to receive an offer much earlier.

Just some food for thought!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.