Turn on thread page Beta

Is it a good idea to say shyness is your weakness? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for a design internship and I’m just preparing myself for what questions I may be asked. I was just wondering if it’s good to say I’m quite shy as a weakness or would it give a bad impression?

I would say I am not as shy as I was a few years ago and I have done things outside my comfort zone which effectively helped me be more open (such as getting involved in an exhibition where I displayed my own work and had to talk to many visitors who were interested in getting to know me and my work).

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Say confidence.
    The answer would be
    At the worst of times I'm not the most confidence however I'm constantly putting myself in situations where I can develop myself to be better in that aspect.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, provided you make it clear that you are aware of it and are making a real effort to break the habit (like you did above). I don't see any reason why you couldn't use that.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It isn't the best response to that kind of question, but as long as you are in the process of improving it and explain how changing it will benefit you in the role then it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    Its not a weakness at all, its just a character trait. no different from saying you are introverted or extroverted, ok to be both, neither are weaknesses. same with shyness. they're hiring you for your talent, not your personality

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.