How much time should I give to a weak subject?

Watch
ECRose
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am a year 12 student currently studying 4 maths/science A levels. I am not as good as I’d like to be at this point at Further Maths A level, and want to improve. How much time should I set aside daily to balance this, but not to let my homework and other revision slip, as I seem to study excessively and stress myself out when I worry about performance in certain subjects. I was thinking a half hour a day, and two hours at the weekend: is that too much or too little? Thanks!
Snoozinghamster
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ECRose)
I am a year 12 student currently studying 4 maths/science A levels. I am not as good as I’d like to be at this point at Further Maths A level, and want to improve. How much time should I set aside daily to balance this, but not to let my homework and other revision slip, as I seem to study excessively and stress myself out when I worry about performance in certain subjects. I was thinking a half hour a day, and two hours at the weekend: is that too much or too little? Thanks!
As homework always varies week by week what I found helped was saying so much time for each subject per week but that includes homework as that is still learning or revision as a whole, means you don’t stress over revising whilst you still have homework to do.
Also Make sure that your using your frees productively, I find that maths is the best subject for frees as I can just do loads of textbook questions whether we have homework or not and it’s good practice and at school it’s easier to find someone who may be able to help than when I’m at home.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (339)
55.76%
I don't have everything I need (269)
44.24%

Watched Threads