Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need your help. I'm currently doing A level drama and i kinda feel like i'm a bad actor...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard.T)
    I need your help. I'm currently doing A level drama and i kinda feel like i'm a bad actor...
    What makes you say that??

ReputationRep:
    All the world's a stage...

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of these meffs are pretending.

ReputationRep:
    What is A-level drama like? Is it easy? Do you need to take an exam or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Nutter)
    What is A-level drama like? Is it easy? Do you need to take an exam or something?
    That probably depends on the exam board. I'm doing AQA and we have a 3 hour exam at the end on 2 set texts and a live performance we have seen.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I enjoy acting and have done quite a few (different) things. Happy to help.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yes. Don’t miss Season 8 of Game of Thrones next year. I’ll be starring in it.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Yes. Don’t miss Season 8 of Game of Thrones next year. I’ll be starring in it.
    :eek: NO WAY!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    :eek: NO WAY!
    Why do you think the name and avatar change happened? I was preparing for the role. Getting into character.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Why do you think the name and avatar change happened? I was preparing for the role. Getting into character.
    Because TSR totally exists in Game of Thrones.:rolleyes: Still don't believe you.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Because TSR totally exists in Game of Thrones.:rolleyes: Still don't believe you.
    I see no reason why you wouldn’t believe me. First of all, I never lie...and secondly, I’m really bored as you can see:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    What makes you say that??
    Thanks for commenting. I'm not sure, i just feel like, for example, at monologues i can't connect with them at alk

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy acting and have done quite a few (different) things. Happy to help.
    Hi, thanks for commenting. For the past few years my auditions haven't been bad as I've managed to get through to shows e. c. t. However, im really struggling with monologues for some reason and i just don't understand why.

ReputationRep:
    I also do A level drama. If you feel like your acting is bad, then you can have the exam and coursework to boost your grades. Idk how it is for your exam board but for me, the exam is the majority of our grade

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for commenting. For the past few years my auditions haven't been bad as I've managed to get through to shows e. c. t. However, im really struggling with monologues for some reason and i just don't understand why.
    Contemporary or Shakespeare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireee)
    I also do A level drama. If you feel like your acting is bad, then you can have the exam and coursework to boost your grades. Idk how it is for your exam board but for me, the exam is the majority of our grade
    Yeah it's the same for me. Although i want to go into acting after school.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's the same for me. Although i want to go into acting after school.
    I would say that with monologues, reading the whole play is important to understand that character and their role in it. Changing your physicality in some way really helps you become your character. One technique is Lecoq’s animalism. You pick an animal that best suites your character. Then there’s 5 stages. At stage 5 you’re completely your animal and as you go to stage 1, you’re human but what’s meant to happen is that you keep certain mannerisms that would be associated with that animal.

Another technique which I learnt from my NYT audition is to think of the thoughts of your character. Once you have the thought, you will naturally act in a certain way, rather than have a set way of acting an emotion.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    To learn them or deliver them? or both?

ReputationRep:
    To learn them or deliver them? or both?
    to deliver them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 1, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.