Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I'm hoping to join the parachute regiment of the British Army, as an officer. I'm currently in the UOTC so am familiar with most of the joining process; just had a few questions.
    Firstly, phys; for my last PFA my 1.5 mile time was 8:58, push-ups in 2 mins was at ~67 and sit-ups were at about the same but feel I can get both of those higher with slightly better pacing.
    Are those numbers alright?

Second;
    Joining the paras after RMAS. Would I do P Coy before or after Sandhurst?

Finally, would I need to be top third or would they want a more specific higher ranking i.e I've heard they like top 10.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadVisionary)
    Finally, would I need to be top third or would they want a more specific higher ranking i.e I've heard they like top 10.
    Every regiment claims to 'only recruit from the top third', and you will never get a straight answer from an official source one way or another. Don't spend too much time worrying about things like that.

Just ensure you give your absolute best effort at all times at RMAS, and that you keep a humble head on your shoulders. After all, you can be at the top of the top third, and they still might not make you an offer on account of the impression they formed of you during your interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadVisionary)
    Are those numbers alright?

Second;
    Joining the paras after RMAS. Would I do P Coy before or after Sandhurst?

Thanks!
    Yep keep training so you don't regress.

After RMAS (and after Brecon)

Thinking in 'Thirds' is a bit iffy, but the paras will be looking for top third. As Helvetica said try hardest at all times at RMAS, don't be a DS watcher, and don't be a c:dolphin:t.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.