Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

As part of an ongoing complaint against the university I attend, I need some advise around how universities are allowed spend the fees they receive.

I am doing a social work course. Year 1 was university based. Year 2 has 70 work placement days, out of ca. 150 days.

It would appear the cost to the university is much higher in year 1 (think teachers, facilities), where as year 2 should cost the university significantly less.

Tuition fee however, is the same for year 1 and 2, at 9K for each year (and I am not entitled to SFE loan).

1) how can I find out the precise costs (to the university) for year 1 and year 2 for this course? Will they honour an FOI request at such detail level?

2) in case there is a significant difference between the two years, or the tuition fee is disproportionately higher: Must tuition fee have some correlation to cost incurred by the university to arrange the course? What does the law say?
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.