Louelle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello
I am currently in my second year of an open university degree. Will I be eligible to apply for a part time maintenance loan for the next part of my module which starts in October 2018? This will be for 60 credits and will classed as my 3rd year. I find it a little confusing as some forums advise that only new students can apply for a part time maintenance loan which I would find rather unfair if this was correct.
I have also been on the gov website and it also states only disabled students who are distance learning can apply for a part time maintenance loan...is this correct?

Thanks
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Louelle)
Hello
I am currently in my second year of an open university degree. Will I be eligible to apply for a part time maintenance loan for the next part of my module which starts in October 2018? This will be for 60 credits and will classed as my 3rd year. I find it a little confusing as some forums advise that only new students can apply for a part time maintenance loan which I would find rather unfair if this was correct.
I have also been on the gov website and it also states only disabled students who are distance learning can apply for a part time maintenance loan...is this correct?

Thanks
Unfortunately only new part time students from the academic year 2018/19 will be able to apply for a Maintenance Loan.

You are correct also new Student Finance England students from academic year 2018/19, studying a part time distance learning course due to a disability are able to apply for a Part Time Maintenance Loan.

Thanks Rona
Fifi71
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I am hoping to be doing a part time course with open university.Would I as a carer qualify for the maintenace element of the loan. Im so confused regarding this. Thank you.
SFE Dean
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Fifi71)
I am hoping to be doing a part time course with open university.Would I as a carer qualify for the maintenace element of the loan. Im so confused regarding this. Thank you.
Hello.

We’ve replied in your other message to us posted here.

Reading your reply in this message thread, it looks like you want to study distance learning with the Open University. If you can reply back in the other message with a few more details we can advise you on the potential funding.

Warm Regards, Dean.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.78%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.73%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.04%
It might lead to more bullying (130)
38.35%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.09%

Watched Threads