x Turn on thread page Beta

Kindred's Step Blog watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Is this where I put my blog? Oh man I should be setting a better example than this. Not a good start.

Okay. I'm trying to be a bit more active or at least see keep track of my current activity a bit more. This whole step thing seems like a pretty simple way to start with that. Hopefully it'll help put things in context a bit more so I can have a better idea of what is actually going on.
    And hey if I can help a little in raising a bunch of money while I'm at it that's just dandy.

So here we are. Welcome to my Step Blog! Lace up your shoes and grab a drink cos we're going walking.

Bit of intro: I am not an active person. I have some stuff going on in my body place where it tries to kill itself cos it's dumb. Not nearly as dramatic as it sounds, but it does mean I get some issues like pains and low energy so I'm kinda pathetic in the whole doing stuff department.
    Honestly though I'm not too sure where my limits are cos things have changed quite a bit since everything kicked off and may or may not still be evolving. It's also a bit of an up and down thing and sometimes I'm not even sure if I'm in an up or a down.
    I have no idea what a reasonable goal is for me so I think we'll start with seeing how things are going as is and maybe trying to do a little extra to round things off each day. We'll see how that goes and then maybe set some bigger goals or something further down the line.

Sponsorship?
    Now you may have seen that the SR site has an option to sponsor people. Seems that's a thing with stuff like this so I guess I should address it.
    Well if any of you do wish to sponsor me that'd be nice, but if you're not so keen to give away your hard earned cash (very understandable) and since this is all about mental wellness and motivation as well as raising money, I will be accepting virtual sponsorships. If you feel like I've done good then you can send me over a bit of that sweet sweet motivation in the form of a GIF or other fun internet thing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Welp. Might as well start now. Got set up with the step counter today and I'm currently at around 750 steps. Seems maybe 1000 steps per day will be a decent start point.
    Only issue is my step counter is on my tablet so I'm having to carry that around with me for any steps to be counted. Not sure how that's going to go in the long run cos I don't usually carry it everywhere with me and if we go out I usually dump it in bf's bag. Might have to look into sorting something out on my phone and seeing if I can link that up to the SR app. The joys of having a windows phone!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Welp. Might as well start now. Got set up with the step counter today and I'm currently at around 750 steps. Seems maybe 1000 steps per day will be a decent start point.
    Only issue is my step counter is on my tablet so I'm having to carry that around with me for any steps to be counted. Not sure how that's going to go in the long run cos I don't usually carry it everywhere with me and if we go out I usually dump it in bf's bag. Might have to look into sorting something out on my phone and seeing if I can link that up to the SR app. The joys of having a windows phone!
    This is why iPhones are better!

But good luck with this, I will look forward to see how you go.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    This is why iPhones are better!

But good luck with this, I will look forward to see how you go.
    Yeah well I started out with windows and I don't like change

Thanks. Are you going to set one up (or have and I'm blind)? We need to know how you're so far ahead!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah well I started out with windows and I don't like change

Thanks. Are you going to set one up (or have and I'm blind)? We need to know how you're so far ahead!
    Okay :lol:

I havent know and dunno If I will. I walk everywhere pretty much 11,014 steps today already!

Name:  28313445_1566918750023626_1886748488_n.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  40.1 KB
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Just missed 1000 yesterday cos I forgot the day ends with time not when I go to bed. I was going to get my last steps in when I brushed my teeth to start things off on the right foot (puns, I've got them!), but everything changed at midnight so still on that 750ish mark.
    Oh well it gave me a head start for today and I'm going out (after a while of hanging out at home with some stupid bug) so today is likely to be a good day for my steps (if I remember my tablet that is).

Brownie points for anybody who can tell me where I got the "puns, I've got them" line from.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Okay :lol:

I havent know and dunno If I will. I walk everywhere pretty much 11,014 steps today already!

Name:  28313445_1566918750023626_1886748488_n.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  40.1 KB
    Ooh you're going all professional on us!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    too right! :lol:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Subbing you're doing amazingly
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    too right! :lol:
    Damn thats cool!

I have been counting mine on fingers!!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Damn thats cool!

I have been counting mine on fingers!!!!
    Thanks I dont really trust the app counter or really Apple Health so linked my Fitbit

Aww :rofl:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Thanks I dont really trust the app counter or really Apple Health so linked my Fitbit

Aww :rofl:
    I've never had one would like one to track my steps, stress levels and sleep but never got round to buying one

I use a app on my phone but don't generally walk around home or the office with it or when I'm just popping to the shops so It never records everything like a fitbit would x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've never had one would like one to track my steps, stress levels and sleep but never got round to buying one

I use a app on my phone but don't generally walk around home or the office with it or when I'm just popping to the shops so It never records everything like a fitbit would x
    You should when you get a chance Sleep tracking is helpful! so is the Heart rate monitor
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Woo! Over 7,000! Really stepped up my game today. (so punny)
    Today has been rather active with shops and cinema. First time out in probably a couple of weeks cos of this bug I got so it was nice to get out again. Haven't been to the cinema in aaages either so that was nice.
    Looks like I might make it to 10,000 before the end of the day which would be awesome. Hopefully I won't be too knackered tomorrow either.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Oh no! I left my tablet in the car when I wandered around the supermarket! My steeeeps! Nooooooo!

Okay so with that and all the little trips to the loo etc I made without my tablet I know I should have probably made it to 10,000 by now. At least close. Unfortunately I won't have the numbers for it, but oh well. I knew what I was getting myself in for when I accepted this duty. At least I'll know in my heart that I made it.

There are going to be quite a few times this happens cos it's just not practical for me to carry my tablet everywhere with me. I guess if I get really into this I could get myself a watch our whatever though.

I'm expecting tomorrow to be another slow day so we'll see how things go with 1000 again. I think the biggest challenge will be actually recording my steps while I'm just pottering around at home.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Oh no! I left my tablet in the car when I wandered around the supermarket! My steeeeps! Nooooooo!

Okay so with that and all the little trips to the loo etc I made without my tablet I know I should have probably made it to 10,000 by now. At least close. Unfortunately I won't have the numbers for it, but oh well. I knew what I was getting myself in for when I accepted this duty. At least I'll know in my heart that I made it.

There are going to be quite a few times this happens cos it's just not practical for me to carry my tablet everywhere with me. I guess if I get really into this I could get myself a watch our whatever though.

I'm expecting tomorrow to be another slow day so we'll see how things go with 1000 again. I think the biggest challenge will be actually recording my steps while I'm just pottering around at home.
    Yay thats amazing I hardly ever am able to reach 10,000 steps

Whats your plans for today?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yay thats amazing I hardly ever am able to reach 10,000 steps

Whats your plans for today?
    Thanks. I'll try to actually prove it next time
    Chilling out at home mostly today. Leg will be thanking me for it cos it's apparently worn out after yesterday.
    Although I do need to make a trip to the pharmacy too cos I ran out of medication last night. So unfortunately I'll actually have to get out of my pyjamas at some point.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Chilling out at home mostly today. Leg will be thanking me for it cos it's apparently worn out after yesterday.
    Although I do need to make a trip to the pharmacy too cos I ran out of medication last night. So unfortunately I'll actually have to get out of my pyjamas at some point.
    Go to the shop in your pjs or put something over the top its freeezing outside today!!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Go to the shop in your pjs or put something over the top its freeezing outside today!!!!

I agree!< Go in your PJs. Oh that reminds me I need to order more medication! Oh and my prepayment thingy came today! :woo:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I agree!< Go in your PJs. Oh that reminds me I need to order more medication! Oh and my prepayment thingy came today! :woo:
    Glad I could be of service Pre payment card is good. Very good.

Haha I refuse to be quite that lazy. besides, I don't have anything I can put over my phone bottoms and they are quite obviously pjs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.