Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so Ive applied for Biology and my top four are

Nottingham
    Liverpool
    Leeds
    Sheffield

Would anyone be able to give any advice/experience because I am freaking out about deciding before the reply deadline

Thankies
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Reply deadline is 30th of June (I think) you've got time
    Go to the applicant days!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I think for me its may 2nd but i think im worrying too much 😂

ReputationRep:
    Go and visit them. They're all decent unis in good cities. Nottingham is a lovely place but I wasn't keen on the uni campus environment and how out of the way it was. Nightlife isn't as good as Leeds or Sheffield either. Liverpool is probably my favourite of the cities in terms of how much there is to do and all the culture but in terms of student living/nightlife/reputation I'd say Leeds and Sheffield are better. I think Sheffield has a slightly better reputation for biological sciences than Leeds but that shouldn't be a deciding factor because it makes little difference in the real world.
    See which course has the better modules for you and definitely visit applicant days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blawan)
    Go and visit them. They're all decent unis in good cities. Nottingham is a lovely place but I wasn't keen on the uni campus environment and how out of the way it was. Nightlife isn't as good as Leeds or Sheffield either. Liverpool is probably my favourite of the cities in terms of how much there is to do and all the culture but in terms of student living/nightlife/reputation I'd say Leeds and Sheffield are better. I think Sheffield has a slightly better reputation for biological sciences than Leeds but that shouldn't be a deciding factor because it makes little difference in the real world.
    See which course has the better modules for you and definitely visit applicant days.
    Thank you so much, that kind of confirms what Im thinking, i was a bit worried about Nottingham. I plan to visit applicant days but its just so expensive travelling to places i probably wont go 😑

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiemick8)
    Thank you so much, that kind of confirms what Im thinking, i was a bit worried about Nottingham. I plan to visit applicant days but its just so expensive travelling to places i probably wont go 😑
    It's definitely worth spending the money, it's quite a big decision to make. There were some unis I really wanted to like because of their reputations but when I actually visited them they didn't feel quite right. Some of the unis and accommodations were quite far from the city centres which I wasn't a fan of. There were also some I didn't get good vibes off when I went to the applicant days and actually walked around the buildings and met lecturers.
    If you don't visit them then you'll be questioning your decision too much and may regret it later on by the time you get your results/start uni.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i suppose youre right, better start booking 😂 thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiemick8)
    Ok so Ive applied for Biology and my top four are

Nottingham
    Liverpool
    Leeds
    Sheffield

Would anyone be able to give any advice/experience because I am freaking out about deciding before the reply deadline

Thankies
    I mean, what do you want us to tell you? We don't know what you want from uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyber Ninja)
    I mean, what do you want us to tell you? We don't know what you want from uni
    First hand experiences, problems that are hidden until you start etc? Like most other similar posts 🙃 i get its subjective, but you can only get so much from a league table or an open day

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield has a really strong rep for biology, in the same way as Warwick has a strong rep for maths (but not to the same extent obviously).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CollectiveSoul)
    Sheffield has a really strong rep for biology, in the same way as Warwick has a strong rep for maths (but not to the same extent obviously).
    Oh cool thsts good to know, thank you

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.