Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've heard many criticisms of the course, such as it being very disorganised? Is this true? Can someone list the pros and cons and are these involved in the course: anatomy disections (like with cadavres), PBL, clinical skills practice (how to deal with patients and needles etc)?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Hi,

I've heard many criticisms of the course, such as it being very disorganised? Is this true? Can someone list the pros and cons and are these involved in the course: anatomy disections (like with cadavres), PBL, clinical skills practice (how to deal with patients and needles etc)?
    Theres is a thread somewhere with the pros and cons of different medical school. use the search facility. Seen it this week.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Why go to there? Come to the UNITED STATES OF MERICA AND GO TO SOUTH COMPTON

ReputationRep:
    No thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Theres is a thread somewhere with the pros and cons of different medical school. use the search facility. Seen it this week.
    Thanks but I have, they're quite outdated.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Thanks but I have, they're quite outdated.
    Then your next option is to try and contact a student there via whatever medical society they have or via the department talking to a year rep. That is how I would do it.

Alternatively use the search function and see if you can locate a poster who is there and PM them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You can look at the overall student satisfaction to give you an indication of these sorts of things. For example, by using the numbers in the CUG table

https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ion&s=medicine

Southampton is below average, but not much below average. Certainly not as bad as Kings!

Although it is of note that satisfaction does not correlate with postgraduate performance in the slightest https://weblearn.ox.ac.uk/access/con...0education.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Thank youu
    (Original post by nexttime)
    You can look at the overall student satisfaction to give you an indication of these sorts of things. For example, by using the numbers in the CUG table

https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ion&s=medicine

Southampton is below average, but not much below average. Certainly not as bad as Kings!

Although it is of note that satisfaction does not correlate with postgraduate performance in the slightest https://weblearn.ox.ac.uk/access/con...0education.pdf

ReputationRep:
    bump

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.