Turn on thread page Beta

Would you ever marry your cousin? watch

ReputationRep:
    My friend told me not long ago that she has the biggest crush on her first cousin and I was a bit shocked that she wanted to marry him. If she wants to, that’s cool with me.

I personally wouldn’t. And thankfully, i don’t have parents that would ever force me or even try to arrange me with a cousin.

Would you date/marry your cousin? Especially first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jheinexx)
    My friend told me not long ago that she has the biggest crush on her first cousin and I was a bit shocked that she wanted to marry him. If she wants to, that’s cool with me.

I personally wouldn’t. And thankfully, i don’t have parents that would ever force me or even try to arrange me with a cousin.

This wouldn't even be a question if you're Middle Eastern 😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyber Ninja)
    This wouldn't even be a question if you're Middle Eastern 😉
    Whats the wink for

ReputationRep:
    Whats the wink for
    We're cheeky

ReputationRep:
    None are in my age range so I can't even imagine myself in such a situation but....9/10 times, nope, nada, zilch, never happening.

ReputationRep:
    Jheinexx, you're intellectually challenged.

ReputationRep:
    :erm: I might, I might not...Allahu Alam.

ReputationRep:
    I think kyber ninja is talking about the fact that ‘we’ middle eastern‘ aren’t shocked by cousins marrying each other because it’s normal for us to do such a thing (personally I would never but it’s kind of tradition or something)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    :erm: yes.
    Wouldn’t you be embarrassed to tell people that you’ve married your cousin? (pls don’t take it as hate, i’m just curious)

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn’t you be embarrassed to tell people that you’ve married your cousin? (pls don’t take it as hate, i’m just curious)
    Well I’ve just deleted that because I’m not sure tbh.
    If I was to marry my first cousin- no I wouldn’t be embarrassed at all, especially as my parents are not cousins so it’s not bad. If my parents were first cousins then I’d probably avoid tbh. I doubt I’ll end up marrying any of my cousin anyway...but Allah knows best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Well I’ve just deleted that because I’m not sure tbh.
    If I was to marry my first cousin- no I wouldn’t be embarrassed at all, especially as my parents are not cousins so it’s not bad. If my parents were first cousins then I’d probably avoid tbh. I doubt I’ll end up marrying any of my cousin anyway...but Allah knows best.
    Probably? So there could be a chance that you would marry them even if your parents were first cousins? I see

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand any of my cousins.

ReputationRep:

Is your friend for real? Hopefully, she isn’t getting pressurised into this relationship/marriage? There’s a reason we don’t marry within the family ~ as there’s a bigger risk in affecting potential children. 👎🏽
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Only if she grew up hot...out of respect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MKaur18)
    Is your friend for real? Hopefully, she isn’t getting pressurised into this relationship/marriage? There’s a reason we don’t marry within the family ~ as there’s a bigger risk in affecting potential children. 👎🏽
    Yep. She genuinely likes him. She wants this guy more than her parents do. Yes that’s what made me a bit shocked at the beginning and because you hardly hear people raised in the uk wanting to marry their cousin

ReputationRep:
    Probably? So there could be a chance that you would marry them even if your parents were first cousins? I see
    Perhaps yh chance is there. But if my parents and my grandparents were cousins then tbh I would avoid. According to Islam it shouldn’t be repeated over generations as there are often health concerns if first cousin marriages continue over several generations.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. She genuinely likes him. She wants this guy more than her parents do. Yes that’s what made me a bit shocked at the beginning and because you hardly hear people raised in the uk wanting to marry their cousin
    I know quite a few people in the UK who are fine with marrying their cousins. It depends on the individual and how they are with their cousins I guess.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.