Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody stayed or currently planning on living in Carlton Hill in Leeds? If so, have you had any problems with shared bathrooms or the security of the site itself, I've heard that there used to be a couple of burglaries in the area.

Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghunte)
    Has anybody stayed or currently planning on living in Carlton Hill in Leeds? If so, have you had any problems with shared bathrooms or the security of the site itself, I've heard that there used to be a couple of burglaries in the area.

Thankyou!
    I haven’t personally been to the place myself as I’m in college at the moment, but I am hoping to go to Leeds for uni. I’ve read reviews about Carlton Hills, and so far no bad reviews on the bathroom states and such, but I have a brother who attends uni and stays in an accommodation, we both agreed it’s best to stay with at least one person you know, and if that isn’t possible, try to get to know your flat mates because otherwise there’ll be no communication and your kitchen will end up in a right state! (Personal experience from my brother - jam on the floor, raw meat left out etc.) bathrooms are a good size and no issues so far
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Thankyou!
    I've moved this over to the Leeds Beckett subforum for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    I've moved this over to the Leeds Beckett subforum for you
    Thankyou ! New to this x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon2k1)
    I haven’t personally been to the place myself as I’m in college at the moment, but I am hoping to go to Leeds for uni. I’ve read reviews about Carlton Hills, and so far no bad reviews on the bathroom states and such, but I have a brother who attends uni and stays in an accommodation, we both agreed it’s best to stay with at least one person you know, and if that isn’t possible, try to get to know your flat mates because otherwise there’ll be no communication and your kitchen will end up in a right state! (Personal experience from my brother - jam on the floor, raw meat left out etc.) bathrooms are a good size and no issues so far
    Ah thankyou! I appreciate you coming back to me, just stressed about loans since my loan won’t cover the full cost so I don’t want to be constantly skint

ReputationRep:
    Ah thankyou! I appreciate you coming back to me, just stressed about loans since my loan won’t cover the full cost so I don’t want to be constantly skint
    No worries
    May I ask how much of a loan you get? My brother gets £3000 a term, in instalments and pays £125 a week. He pays a lot but so far it has worked out well because the loan comes in before the payment.
    Please don’t get stressed ( I know sometimes it’s unavoidable but please try and focus on the positives aka at least you’re not paying the entire amount with no support :/ )
    Do you currently have a job? Or is your college funding a bursary- try saving that, put £1 in a jar a day. Personally at the moment I’m using my bursary to save up, but also I’m putting £1 aside a day so I’ll at least have £365 by the end of the year

ReputationRep:
    I get around £4000 for a loan but it doesn’t cover, good idea! yeah I have a job so I’m going to save a lot after I come back from my holiday! Just going to have to make a decision on what I’m going to do 🤔 I want to try the uni life out for a year but the money’s just the issue x

ReputationRep:
    No worries
    May I ask how much of a loan you get? My brother gets £3000 a term, in instalments and pays £125 a week. He pays a lot but so far it has worked out well because the loan comes in before the payment.
    Please don’t get stressed ( I know sometimes it’s unavoidable but please try and focus on the positives aka at least you’re not paying the entire amount with no support :/ )
    Do you currently have a job? Or is your college funding a bursary- try saving that, put £1 in a jar a day. Personally at the moment I’m using my bursary to save up, but also I’m putting £1 aside a day so I’ll at least have £365 by the end of the year
    I get around £4000 for a loan but it doesn’t cover, good idea! yeah I have a job so I’m going to save a lot after I come back from my holiday! Just going to have to make a decision on what I’m going to do 🤔 I want to try the uni life out for a year but the money’s just the issue x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah unfortunately money is an issue most of the time. Quite stupid how they’re only giving you £4000 though! So is that paid in instalments or is it altogether?
    Actually quite surprised at that, I hope you enjoy your holiday and you save however much you need! I’m sorry I replied late I’m at college at the moment hahah I started replying and then forgot x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah unfortunately money is an issue most of the time. Quite stupid how they’re only giving you £4000 though! So is that paid in instalments or is it altogether?
    Actually quite surprised at that, I hope you enjoy your holiday and you save however much you need! I’m sorry I replied late I’m at college at the moment hahah I started replying and then forgot x
    It’s to do with how much my parents get I guess and I’m assuming it all! I reckon I’m just going to keep searching then make a final decision ! Thankyou so much for being so helpful x

ReputationRep:
    It’s to do with how much my parents get I guess and I’m assuming it all! I reckon I’m just going to keep searching then make a final decision ! Thankyou so much for being so helpful x
    No no, no need to thank me it’s my pleasure. I really do hope you find a solution. Keep me posted?x

ReputationRep:
    No no, no need to thank me it’s my pleasure. I really do hope you find a solution. Keep me posted?x
    I’ll update you on decisions on what I decide to do ☺️ x

ReputationRep:
    I’ll update you on decisions on what I decide to do ☺️ x
    Thank you I’ll be waiting 😌 x

University open days

1. Leeds Beckett University
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.