Turn on thread page Beta

Does England offers loan or funding for tution fees and living costs? watch

Does England offers loan or funding for tution fees and living costs?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by eddyyss)
    Does England offers loan or funding for tution fees and living costs?
    There is the Postgraduate Loan, however, there's no maintenance loan attached to it, so the entire sum is supposed to cover your fees + living costs.

I've checked the average cost of tuition fees in England is around £6000

Would that be the cheapest? also if I get the sponsor the government would still give the full loan?

Do you have any experience on getting a sponsor?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by eddyyss)
    I've checked the average cost of tuition fees in England is around £6000

Would that be the cheapest? also if I get the sponsor the government would still give the full loan?

Do you have any experience on getting a sponsor?
    Hi there!

So it looks like you could get a Postgraduate loan on top of other sponsorship, but it is dependent on certain caveats. I found some advice on this from FindAMasters, who say this;

"In some cases, yes. Receiving other postgraduate funding or finance from your university or a third party (such as a charity) won't normally affect your eligibility. However, if other public funding is available for the whole of your course, you may not be able to apply for a postgraduate loan. This is one of the reasons why integrated and undergraduate Masters are not eligible."

There is also the possibility that applying for a Postgraduate loan may affect your eligibility for other funding. It is all very dependent on the eligibility criteria of the sponsorship you apply for, and the course you wish to study.

I strongly recommend you follow this link and read a full explanation on FindAMasters under the heading 'How much can I borrow?'

I hope this has cleared things up for you!

Fred - UEA PG Rep

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.