Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

okay, so every now and then i come home with a hicky from my bf...my mom keeps calling me a slut and a hore, and she keeps telling me that i keep selling my self out to random people and im going to become a prostitute.....so here's my question...how can i make her understand that i value myself to not actually do that, that i wont sell my body out to random people, and that im not a slut or a hore for having a hicky?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea who you are or who your mother is, so I get to say totally unqualified things.

I reckon that there is no point trying to persuade her. She has made up her mind and will not be argued with. There is no point trying. Just carry on, live your life to the high standard you are setting, which are nowhere near the standards your mother assumes you are living. Whenever she calls you these names, calmly tell her that she is wrong and say no more. Just let her rant. If ever she takes a breath, calmly tell her that she is wrong. Don't get dragged in.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Why would she think that if you have a boyfriend?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You should ask your boyfriend to be more discreet about where he leaves marks on you. Or cover them up with make-up. A lot of people, especially older, consider it extremely tacky to walk around with them visible. Which is likely why your mother is reacting in that way.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's understandable because it's really tacky to walk around with hickeys. Just don't have visible ones and there won't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    get rid of the love bites before she sees you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.