Turn on thread page Beta

Does this girl like me ? Mixed signals. watch

Hi TSR folks,

Sorry for the long post but need some help this girl is driving me crazy. Anon because she might see this and also going to keep the details vague.
    Met this girl at uni and she is really good looking. Was initially a crush but I think she might be the one. I'm always thinking about her 24/7 …can't emphasise this enough.

We have worked together a lot on uni work. We message each other a lot on all the social media apps. We communicate with each other every other day. She responds to my message promptly. It's general chit-chat about life and just uni.
    She's always asking me questions about me and my life, wanting to get to know me and vice versa.

She has also complimented me and I have also. Recently she has started putting ''xx'' in messages. I have never put them from the start not sure if I should reciprocate ??

She's got a cute nickname for me also.

BUT

There are times when she calls me ''mate'' and she uses the term we are friends and that's what friends are for etc ....

So that's why I'm not sure if we are just mates or something more.

Don't want to go all out and say do you want to be my gf because if she says no will be awkward as **** afterwards.

(Was thinking of just asking her if she wanted to hang out outside of uni context or just go for a meal or go to the movies etc ... but not sure if she will think this is too forthcoming??).

Further if not a gf, I would prefer to have her as a good friend so don't want to spoil anything.

Is there anything I can say or do to get some sort of subtle indication if she has any feelings for me in that way ????

Any advice esp from girls will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi TSR folks,

Sorry for the long post but need some help this girl is driving me crazy. Anon because she might see this and also going to keep the details vague.
    Met this girl at uni and she is really good looking. Was initially a crush but I think she might be the one. I'm always thinking about her 24/7 …can't emphasise this enough.

We have worked together a lot on uni work. We message each other a lot on all the social media apps. We communicate with each other every other day. She responds to my message promptly. It's general chit-chat about life and just uni.
    She's always asking me questions about me and my life, wanting to get to know me and vice versa.

She has also complimented me and I have also. Recently she has started putting ''xx'' in messages. I have never put them from the start not sure if I should reciprocate ??

She's got a cute nickname for me also.

BUT

There are times when she calls me ''mate'' and she uses the term we are friends and that's what friends are for etc ....

So that's why I'm not sure if we are just mates or something more.

Don't want to go all out and say do you want to be my gf because if she says no will be awkward as **** afterwards.

(Was thinking of just asking her if she wanted to hang out outside of uni context or just go for a meal or go to the movies etc ... but not sure if she will think this is too forthcoming??).

Further if not a gf, I would prefer to have her as a good friend so don't want to spoil anything.

Is there anything I can say or do to get some sort of subtle indication if she has any feelings for me in that way ????

Any advice esp from girls will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    A lot of girls put kisses on the end of messages but it doesn't always mean they have a crush on you. If she has explicitly said that you are friends then that's probably what it is, a girl who really likes you wouldn't put you in the friendzone like that. Some girls can be really chatty and friendly and it is easy to mistake this as being interested romantically. It does sound like it could go either way based on what you said.

If you want to play it safe, you could test the waters a bit with her, flirt a bit and see how she reciprocates to it. Maybe compliment her on something when you see her next, perhaps say something nice about her hair or what she's wearing.

ReputationRep:
    Go out with her whether it’s a night out or a movie or dinner or just shopping etc
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    From what you have described, I think that she is definitely showing signs of interests, I would say take the first step ask her out but make it clear it is a date and not a friendly together - see what she says.
    Also, if you leave it too long you may fall too deep into the friend zone and once this happens a romantic relationship becomes more difficult.
    Hope it works out for you, keep us updated.
    :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice guys.

Yesterday we were hanging out again and I was going to ask her out to get some food i.e on a date BUT

We ended up going out yesterday anyway for food but this was just as friends. We then just hung out for the rest of the day.

Still cannot decipher if she is overly friendly or has a crush on me too. Going to just wait and see how it develops.

Unless she gives me a major sign, not going to make the first move. She's too good of a friend to lose.

There are just certain things she does like, she comes and finds me in the library just to work next to me, she texts me randomly about things going on her life (personal stuff), we are both best friends on SC got the heart emoji atm and just other sweet things she does for me....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.