Turn on thread page Beta

Is 5’4 noticably short for a girl? watch

I am 21 years old and 5’4. I don’t think I’m going to grow now.

A guy from college kept going on about how short I was. He is 5’9.

ReputationRep:
    If you mean you're a girl, 5ft4 is cute height. Him saying you're short is a good thing; he's complimenting you.

To me, there is little difference between 5ft4 or 5ft7.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao I can relate. Being 5'4 is pretty tiny compared to most people nowadays. But rock it. And sometimes if u wanna look taller then there's comfy heels or high waisted trousers and stuff to create the perception

ReputationRep:
    5'4 is approximately the average height for a female in the US/UK. He is slightly below average height for a male.

He probably likes you.

5’4 is an average height, I’m only 5’2😭😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Not at all short, you're average height for a girl.

(Original post by Notoriety)
    5ft4 is cute height. Him saying you're short is a good thing; he's complimenting you.

To me, there is little difference between 5ft4 or 5ft7.
    Aw thank you! Unfortunately, he genuinely intended it to simply be a shocking thing hahaha. But I’m glad you to hear that you feel that way. I appreciate the reassurance!!

ReputationRep:
    its a bit tall, if i cant put a girl in my pocket whats the point lol.

(Original post by dsmith23)
    5'4 is approximately the average height for a female in the US/UK. He is slightly below average height for a male.

He probably likes you.
    Thank you for the reassurance! Nah I thought he liked me. He knew I was in love with him, but I wouldn’t have sex with him outside a committed relationship. So he pretended to genuinely like me so that he could take my virginity without needing my consent and then left me for another girl. Sorry for blabbing on XD I appreciate your reply!!!

ReputationRep:
    That's a good height, because when you dress up in your heels to go out on a date with him you've got 5 inches before your taller than him. I know girls like 6 inch heels so then you'll only be like 1 inch talker than him. The math all works out well for both if you so get married already
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm that height and my boyfriend is 6'1" so he always calls me short. But in general I'm average height.

ReputationRep:
    😂 I'm 5ft and luckily I don't feel short and if we want to feel taller the magic shoes called heals are easily available.

ReputationRep:
    i am 5 ft 5 and I definately don't feel short.

ReputationRep:
    5 foot 4 definitely isn't short

ReputationRep:
    5 foot four is short as hell why are yall lying to this girl

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure that's average, it's just that most wear heels

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.