The Student Room Group

Applying for University of Amerstan - Unsure of what they're asking of me

Hi, I'm currently applying for Political Science at UVA though I'm unsure of what they're requesting in their app:

Here in the UK we don't get a diploma and I'm also not familiar with the concept of a transcript of records. Is it a results certificate? Furthermore it's asking for a GPA which I thought was an American thing or is it asking for my A level grade so if I got an A in history, would I just put an A in the GPA box or would I leave it blank?

This brings me onto my next question.. I left school last summer and I know I can get my A-Level certificates but I have no clue when it comes to getting my iGCSE ones.. that was at a different school and I was never even given them.

If you got this far thank you so much for reading through my wall of text and I really hope you can help me.
See you around
Original post by enz447

This is a UK site so you may not get many responses. Moved to the international study forum. Maybe email and ask how they would like this form filled in? It looks like it's catered for the Dutch system so I wouldn't just put things in and potentially risk confusion.
Reply 2
I'm English looking to study in the Netherlands :smile:

edit: never mind, I misunderstood you
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
A transcript is an official print out of all results to date and the exams you will be sitting in the future.

If you get in touch with your school/college they are well versed in printing these out with the official stamp to prove your results are accurate.

(I spoke to my school about this as I did not know what a transcript was, they knew straight away what it was and said they have done a fair few over the years... although they have never had a student apply to The Netherlands). I am hoping to apply for Political Science at UVA next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending