Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I'm having skype interview for Electrical and Mechanical Engineering at Strathclyde Uni. The admission officer told me that the interview session is informal and non-technical in nature . How informal is it? What are the questions they going to ask? Anybody previously had the same interview, please share your experience. Btw, I'm an international student.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackhan96)
    Hello. I'm having skype interview for Electrical and Mechanical Engineering at Strathclyde Uni. The admission officer told me that the interview session is informal and non-technical in nature . How informal is it? What are the questions they going to ask? Anybody previously had the same interview, please share your experience. Btw, I'm an international student.

Thanks.
    I've been browsing these forums for a while, and feel that it is only fair that I give something back for a change! I have no idea how different your interview will be given that it is being done remotely, but I can at least give you some help from my own experience, as I sat the same interview for the same course.

In my case, the academic I was assigned to went completely off-script, and I barely got a word in throughout the allotted 30 minutes. That said, I could read the pre-written questions that he had been issued from across the table.

Provided the format has not changed, the interview questions were words to the effect of:

Why do you want to study engineering?
    Why do you want to study at Strathclyde?
    Why should we accept you?
    What sort of person are you?

Fairly standard interview questions, perhaps. Hope this helps!

Best of luck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.