Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental health is taking over watch

So I made a post yesterday, a long old story about how I got to this point but today it’s eveb worse. I just feel squeezed and stuck in this rot. I wake up every morning thinking about the anxiety and stress that I have. It’s getting too much I don’t know what to do.
    I don’t think I would ever end my own life and I don’t really feel suicidal but I never thought I could to this place either.
    I need help.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Hi Anonman,
    I know you must feel terrible now, and there is little I can say that can make a difference. But I just want you to say that, even if it feels like you will feel like this forever, it will pass. Hold on. Happy times are temporary, but so are bad ones. I read your last post and it's normal that you're feeling stuck with all that has happened to you lately. But the positive side is that now things can only get better. Think that at least you have realized you don't like your university degree in your first year. I've known people who realize in their second or third year So you're good in that sense! It's normal not knowing what you want to do (I'm still figuring it out with 24!) and you have still a lot of time to figure out what to do next. Just give yourself some time.

And I know that when you're feeling depressed you don't have the energy to do anything, but since you used to like sport and football, I'd recommend you to push yourself to do some sport. I haven't suffered from depression but I have dealt with really bad anxiety, and sometimes sport was the only thing that made me feel a little bit better.

Hope you feel better soon!
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Step 1. Inform your GP. They'll be able to explain all the resources available in your area.

Step 2. Follow GP advice. The hardest bit is telling your GP, once you've told them, and they've recommended treatment, follow it.

Mental health issues are OK. They're like any other health issue, they can be treated, and made manageable. There's this stigma that we're not allowed to be mentally ill, but that's just not the case. It's OK to be ill. That's why we have doctors.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.