The Student Room Group

Snaprevise, worth the money?

Hi, I do Biology, Chemistry and Geography a levels, al of which are covered on snaprevise (except for human geog). I mostly revise by mind maps as i am avery visual learner and practice questions. I do find the free videos useful though and wondered if anyone had paid for a course and can tel meif its worth it? or where i can find coupon codes as it is a lot of money!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .ella.
Hi, I do Biology, Chemistry and Geography a levels, al of which are covered on snaprevise (except for human geog). I mostly revise by mind maps as i am avery visual learner and practice questions. I do find the free videos useful though and wondered if anyone had paid for a course and can tel meif its worth it? or where i can find coupon codes as it is a lot of money!!

Can't help you on biology or geogarphy but for chemistry, fee people had it last year so iy was nec soec which you are doing too .. i didn't had but i still managed to get a* ... maybe idea of watching video doesn't really help .. peole are different it may work well for you but I am just saying you don't have to spend money to get good grades .. have a look at a level chemistry website fot all notes .. naybe you can highlight key points in notes and make a mind map .. also always compare to specification so you cover everything for exams ... di past papers as well ofcourse .. good luck
Reply 2
Not worth it, for biology and chemistry, you just need to go through the specification, then pick your worst topics, after that, go through them, by making notes, then condense the most relevant stuff (that matches the spec) to a mindmap. It's okay if your notes become messy, so long as you can still gather information from it (I recommend highlighting then making a mindmap of it), repeating this helps you get it in your head. Once you've done that, go through questions, if you mess up, find out where you're going wrong and try understand the mark scheme (what you need). Videos explaining isn't as helpful as going through the work and making your own notes, it helps a lot more when trying to memorise what you need to know!
Reply 3
ok thanks guys! I think ill stick to mind maps and past papers then!
I got it for geography on the basis that I was going to base my notes off of it, but it was quite disapointing, however it's still useful but not as a sole resource for note taking.

If you wanna DM me you can log in to my account when I'm not using it if you like
I’d definitely say it’s worth it for biology (at least AQA) as I find that it goes into much more detail than my textbook. Although, I usually end up using a combination of that, the CGP revision guide and my textbook for notes
PS you can get 10% off with EMILY10
Did you get it for GCSE geography or ALevel ???Would love to use a GCSE version !!
Original post by ScienceGeek1878
I got it for geography on the basis that I was going to base my notes off of it, but it was quite disapointing, however it's still useful but not as a sole resource for note taking.

If you wanna DM me you can log in to my account when I'm not using it if you like

I did it for geography (free trial) and it was so bad. snaprevise really wasnt worth it for me too, Uplearn is way better ive been telling everyone that
Reply 9
Hello Sir, I was considering to buy the geography course for A-Levels, should i buy or not?, and as you mentioned can i get to use your account if you have already paid for it?.Thanks!
if your on a D,C or B even A grade it will help. but anything else look elsewhere
I use Tailored Tutors for maths and chemistry. They also have biology. Imo its the best, I would definitely buy their physics course too if they had a physics teacher. I reecommend bying the ultimate guide pack. This site seems like god gave it to me, check it out, it might help ya too :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by MinatoNamikaze
I use Tailored Tutors for maths and chemistry. They also have biology. Imo its the best, I would definitely buy their physics course too if they had a physics teacher. I reecommend bying the ultimate guide pack. This site seems like god gave it to me, check it out, it might help ya too :smile:

Super expensive though and monthly payments. I really wanna try tailored tutors but money like that doesn't come by here, lol.
I had it for biology and it was honestly really helpful! Especially those topics where the teacher didn't explain very well. Me and a few friends chipped in and so the price was a lot cheaper - maybe try that?
Reply 14

Hey is it possuble if you can DM me your log in for SnapRevise if you don't mind, it is just that I am doing glaciation for one of my topics for geography and i can't get my head around it.
Thank you
Original post by HH345
Hey is it possuble if you can DM me your log in for SnapRevise if you don't mind, it is just that I am doing glaciation for one of my topics for geography and i can't get my head around it.
Thank you

that was 1 year ago, I doubt he still has a membership
Reply 16
2018 papers: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRcYXoSOTqdMjLXR8I-zBrc69Yr9zb6d_

Channel is called a level biology with miss jercha
Model answers

Exam tips

Notes based on new aqa specification
(edited 4 years ago)
I'd say its only worth it if you're struggling with the actual content or if you revise best by watching videos. Its useful if you want to teach yourself the content ahead of lessons or go over what you learnt in lessons. The only reason I don't think its worth it is because its not the best for practising exam questions if you already know the content - they do have some videos on exam questions but they seem pretty basic.
You could ask your school to subscribe to it instead of purchasing it yourself

Hi, please could i use your snaprevise account? I am really struggling with biology a level and I just really need someone to teach the content to me. It would be really helpful.
Original post by 16tamannas
Hi, please could i use your snaprevise account? I am really struggling with biology a level and I just really need someone to teach the content to me. It would be really helpful.

They posted 3 years ago.. I doubt they still have the account