Turn on thread page Beta

I just got dumped for the first time watch

Yesterday my boyfriend of nearly four months dumped me. His reason was that he didn’t love me anymore. I’m pretty heartbroken over it, I just feel like there’s more to the story as we hadn’t had problems till he went out partying with his friends but I feel like absolute s***. How do I get over him? I’m still very much in love with him, and we had been good friends before dating for 4 years. I just don’t know what to do with myself... I’ve never been dumped before, I’m always the dumper but man this SUCKS!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Time. Just give it heart wrenching time.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    3 things:

1 - don't date long-term friends, the relationship always regresses back to friendly-feelings.

2 - do better next time, maybe as a partner, but more likely in choosing a better match for you

3 - the two key things to helping yourself feel better are: 1, time, 2, acceptance that its normal to feel bad, and its perfectly ok and natural, and it will chnage.

ReputationRep:
    It sucks when a breakup happens, but here are some things that may help you get over him.

Things to do:
    Go swimming to help ease your mind.
    Meet up with your close friends to get you out the house and doing something productive.
    Join a new club or look into doing something new.
    Hit the gym, and keep up the physical workouts to get ou feeling motivated again.
    Hope this helps.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Getting dumped is never a nice feeling but it happens, try not to let it get you down too much. So this time you're on the receiving end of it but after some time you'll be fine, your emotions will pass and it will just be another guy you broke up with.

The worst thing you can do now though is to try and go out and pull any random dude just to make yourself feel better or to try and play games to make him jealous or anything.

Adz2042 gave some good advice.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Yesterday my boyfriend of nearly four months dumped me. His reason was that he didn’t love me anymore. I’m pretty heartbroken over it, I just feel like there’s more to the story as we hadn’t had problems till he went out partying with his friends but I feel like absolute s***. How do I get over him? I’m still very much in love with him, and we had been good friends before dating for 4 years. I just don’t know what to do with myself... I’ve never been dumped before, I’m always the dumper but man this SUCKS!
    If i were to write a question four months ago it'd be exactly the same as yours. Having never really experienced heartbreak before my ex left me because of the same reasons of yours, it was a massive shock to the system. who knew that heartbreak fells like physical pain yet uts all emotional, very strange. if its any help after about a month or two of wondering where they are, who theyre with and if they think of you, one day youll wake up and not have him as the first thing rusing through your brain. this is the breakthough moment! The trick to get over someone ive discovered is to simply rule out a future with both of you immediately. Replace 'maybe next time i see him we can talk and sort things out' with 'next time i see him ill try and see him as a genuine friend'. Any thoughts that you have of him, have the willpower to say 'im not thinking about that stupid f****r' and replace it with something else! theres millions of boys on this planet and guarentee that if he were the one then youd know for sure, therd be no questioning. go and have fun with whoever you like, YOURE FREE!!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.