Turn on thread page Beta

White people and Oxford/Cambridge watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    While I can't comment on Oxford, I can say Cambridge as a city is moderately diverse - this does seem to extend to the university to some extent. It certainly appears more diverse than I found Exeter to be (both university and city).

This may vary a bit between college but undoubtedly at any college (Pembroke included, despite not infrequently getting headlines locally and, last year, nationally, for all the wrong reasons relating to these issues) there will be communities you can associate with and relate to. Some are more obviously open to such communities - Emmanuel's chapel was apparently the first to hold a gay marriage in the country, and they regularly fly the pride flag, and Murray Edwards has changed it's policy on accepting trans women to do so without imposing any requirements on the women in question.

So change happens, sometimes faster and sometimes slower, but you should certainly consider the university without having to worry too much about it
    Thank you!!! This is so helpful, seriously
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.