you can't have .9 of a post
    But you can have .9 recurring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    how we can have 0.5 of a post
    Finally, someone else who thinks the same as me

(Original post by Unlimited Cats)
    trust me it's possi-
    Technically, this is still a full post, but you haven't finished your sentence. - look at the post number. if it says 2128.5, then that's ok, but it says 2129, because there is no 2128.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notnek)
    But you can have .9 recurring.
    That's still not a whole post because it is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very (plus a lot more very) slightly smaller than a whole number.
    Also the title says .9 not recurring

Spoiler:
    Show

very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very
    very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    guys

it's a joke

chill
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by IDOZ)
    That's still not a whole post because it is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very (plus a lot more very) slightly smaller than a whole number.

Spoiler:
    Show

Actually .9 is not just very very close to 1, it’s exactly equal to 1.

You can see this easily be considering 1/3 which is 0.3333... then if you multiply 1/3 by 3 you get 1 which is 0.9999...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by IDOZ)

Spoiler:
    Show

What value is .9 recurring?
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    guys

it's a joke

chill
    There's some serious maths going on in here at the moment. Leave us be.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Actually .9 is not just very very close to 1, it’s exactly equal to 1.

You can see this easily be considering 1/3 which is 0.3333... then if you multiply 1/3 by 3 you get 1 which is 0.9999...
    No full solutions! :spank:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    There's some serious maths going on in here at the moment. Leave us be.
    I more meant the contention (which is pointless because the title is amusing and thus it will remain) surrounding the title than the actual discussion going on, which is fine because it increases the post count anyway.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by IDOZ)
    No it doesn't.

Spoiler:
    Show

At the moment anyway...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    No it doesn't.

Spoiler:
    Show

At the moment anyway...

Nearly hitting the character limit in the title now
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    No full solutions! :spank:
    This isn’t the maths forum. I can do what I like.

Plus since I wrote the rules, I’m above them. That’s how it works.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    This isn’t the maths forum. I can do what I like.

Plus since I wrote the rules, I’m above them. That’s how it works.
    Like 1 is above 0.9̇.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    how we can have 0.5 of a post
    Technically it's 0.555555555555555555555555555555 5555555555 etc. (or now 0.999999999999999999999999999999 999 etc.) I thought she was confused about the convo that was happening at the time though :laugh:
    Hope you're having a good day off!
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    I more meant the contention (which is pointless because the title is amusing and thus it will remain) surrounding the title than the actual discussion going on, which is fine because it increases the post count anyway.
    :snowman:
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Like 1 is above 0.9̇.
    I didn’t write the rules of maths. That was Seshat.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.