Turn on thread page Beta

Summer Work Abroad watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey,

I'm a first year medical student who really really fancies working in a resort such as Ayia Napa or Magaluf over summer and was wondering if anyone has done it and has any tips?

I work in a nightclub on weekends so have the experience and (kind of!) have an idea of what I might be getting myself into, but was wondering if it's actually affordable cos a gal's got to pay for a flat next year.

Honestly any info or tips would be appreciated tysm xoxo
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ChloeWightman)
    Hey hey,

I'm a first year medical student who really really fancies working in a resort such as Ayia Napa or Magaluf over summer and was wondering if anyone has done it and has any tips?

I work in a nightclub on weekends so have the experience and (kind of!) have an idea of what I might be getting myself into, but was wondering if it's actually affordable cos a gal's got to pay for a flat next year.

Honestly any info or tips would be appreciated tysm xoxo
    My bigger question is if you are going to have the time as medics usually only get a few weeks off over the summer but that will vary by uni. You have flights and accommodation to consider and potentially not getting a job for a limited time.

ReputationRep:
    dare u to do it lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    My bigger question is if you are going to have the time as medics usually only get a few weeks off over the summer but that will vary by uni. You have flights and accommodation to consider and potentially not getting a job for a limited time.
    First year medics usually get standard semesters and holidays, it's only later that their holidays start diminishing
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    First year medics usually get standard semesters and holidays, it's only later that their holidays start diminishing
    Not everywhere unfortunately.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.