Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I’m about to apply for a student loan because I’m starting uni on September. I specifically looking for how I can apply for a maintenance loan. I’m from the EU and I have been living in the UK for less than three years. Do you know if I can apply for a maintenance loan if I live less than three years in the UK because no websites explain it.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Marrsm)
    Hey guys

I’m about to apply for a student loan because I’m starting uni on September. I specifically looking for how I can apply for a maintenance loan. I’m from the EU and I have been living in the UK for less than three years. Do you know if I can apply for a maintenance loan if I live less than three years in the UK because no websites explain it.
    Hi Marrsm,

Are you applying as an undergraduate for the academic year 2018/19 ?

Can I ask if you or any of your EU/EEA family members are working in the UK?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I’m applying for a undergraduate and both my parents and me work in the UK
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Marrsm)
    Yeah I’m applying for a undergraduate and both my parents and me work in the UK
    Hi Marrsm,

EU students are entitled to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan only.

As an EU student in order to be assessed for the same level of support as a home student you would need to meet the five years residency requirement in the UK.

You will be pleased to know that the EEA Migrant Worker team assess students who do not meet the required standard core eligibility requirements but the student or their EU/EEA family member are working in the UK. and if accepted as a Migrant Worker you can be assessed for full support.

• EU/EEA or Swiss National (or family member of)
    • Lawfully resident in the EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of their course
    • Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of their course
    • They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/Child or grandchild must be working throughout the students studies

Apply online on a PN1 application form, here is a link,

http://bit.ly/1hErcvL

You will have to send evidence of employment depending on who the Migrant Worker is, whether employed or self employed and original identity evidence.

If you are employed in the UK and planning to continue working throughout your studies we will need,

We will request the following evidence dependent on your employment status.

Employed
    • The students original Passport or National ID Card
    • Croatian Nationals Only - Migrant Worker’s Permit (yellow/blue or purple card)
    • A copy of the students contract of employment that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay. We will also need a letter from the employer confirming the contract accurately represents the hours and terms of which the student works if this is not confirmed on their contract of employment or if the student is on a zero hour contract. This letter needs to be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the students employment status with their employer)
    • The students last 3 months payslips (if available)
    • The students most recent P60 (if available)
    • Termly evidence

Regards Rona

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.