Turn on thread page Beta

Revision struggles? Join the 2018 TSR All Day Revision Thread! watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    You finished it though, well done! You've just reminded me I haven't done any stats since December...probably need to revise that before we start further stats next week!
    I just had a look at the mark scheme and oh no :rofl: A solid U grade coming my way :getmecoat: and eeeeek yeah maybe! What kind of things do you have to do in stats?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Protostar)
    I just had a look at the mark scheme and oh no :rofl: A solid U grade coming my way :getmecoat: and eeeeek yeah maybe! What kind of things do you have to do in stats?
    I'm sure you'll get there in the end! Single stats at AS isn't too bad, it's mostly like sampling, basic probability, binomial distribution. Only difficult thing is hypothesis testing. Not really sure what's in further stats yet...guess I'll find out next week!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Well I did 10 hours at uni today, so I think that's pretty good. Got all my practical work done know and I just need to fill out a self-evaluation form tomorrow. Then straight onto another massive project :afraid:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm sure you'll get there in the end! Single stats at AS isn't too bad, it's mostly like sampling, basic probability, binomial distribution. Only difficult thing is hypothesis testing. Not really sure what's in further stats yet...guess I'll find out next week!
    Hopefully, but I'll have to do it all myself cos my teacher... sigh. Ahhh, similar to me then except hypothesis testing is in S2 for me, and we do Normal distribution in S1 too (which I hate). Guess you will yeah
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Well I did 10 hours at uni today, so I think that's pretty good. Got all my practical work done know and I just need to fill out a self-evaluation form tomorrow. Then straight onto another massive project :afraid:
    You did it :five: waheyyyyy
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Protostar)
    Hopefully, but I'll have to do it all myself cos my teacher... sigh. Ahhh, similar to me then except hypothesis testing is in S2 for me, and we do Normal distribution in S1 too (which I hate). Guess you will yeah
    Yep same here, learnt everything out of the (dreadful new spec) textbook I mean our teacher introduces the topic...but then she launches straight into the difficult exam questions assuming we've covered the content for no reason :confused: I think Normal distribution might be A2 for us...but let's be honest given I haven't even looked at the stuff we're starting next week I'm not gonna be looking at that for a while :lol: Fun times...not!

ReputationRep:
    I'm finally done for today, have been productive for over 12 hours today so i'm quite proud of myself. Think I'll take tomorrow morning off as a little reward
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    :woo: can use this today because it's a snow day :nutcase:
    Might start in the first session :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Il be in the 10am session finishing off coursework since school is closed today.
    mine is closed as the roads into school are too dangerous to drive on and they said on website they can't guarantee enough staff to run lessons today
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    8:00am - Session begins

Is your school closed? Both of mine are - so buzzing :dance:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oooh the 8am session has started :party:

What do people plan to get done/start?

I'm finishing a mindmap about Mr Birling from AIC and then :crossedf: making one for the rest of the characters!
    My school's off because of the snow but I'm hoping for a productive day
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    9:30am - Session ends
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    :woo:
    The break has begun :yay:

I successfully completed my mega mindmap (and watched an episode of Masterchef while doing so :innocent:

Now I'm going to get ready for the day (get dressed, have breakfast etc.) and then hopefully return for the next session
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    10:00am - Session begins

Anyone else making use of time off school? I’ll be joining from the 12:00pm session, having some time to chill and play The Sims for a bit first :tong:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by laurawatt)
    :woo:
    The break has begun :yay:

I successfully completed my mega mindmap (and watched an episode of Masterchef while doing so :innocent:

Now I'm going to get ready for the day (get dressed, have breakfast etc.) and then hopefully return for the next session
    Revision before you had breakfast?! That's dedication!

---
    This session I'm gonna attempt to do the computing session I'm missing right now as the buses aren't running so I can't get to college!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Revision before you had breakfast?! That's dedication!

---
    This session I'm gonna attempt to do the computing session I'm missing right now as the buses aren't running so I can't get to college!
    It was a late breakfast

I'm going to join in partway through this session (at 10:30) and do something... I haven't decided... probably should :getmecoat:
    It will probably be maths revision: bearings, as I didn't understand these properly in class yesterday
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by laurawatt)
    It was a late breakfast

I'm going to join in partway through this session (at 10:30) and do something... I haven't decided... probably should :getmecoat:
    It will probably be maths revision: bearings, as I didn't understand these properly in class yesterday
    I've had enough of operating systems forever :rip: Gave up a bit early...:oops:
    It was...but I wouldn't do any revision before I'd had even a late breakfast :lol:
    Good luck with that...I still don't really like bearings now :hide: the questions are always worded stupidly at A level :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    I have started at 11:00 am and I’m studying English language ed excel and I’m on a break
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    11:30am - Session ends
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    12:00pm - Session begins

In this session I'm going to do some revision for M2

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.