Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve recently received a place from Ravensbourne and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be my first choice. However I’m from wales so have to get accomodation there. What would anyone reccomend? I do really want to be in halls- where do most Ravensbourne students go? (I know all the options on the website just interested in what the students say about it)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Katieebohun)
    I’ve recently received a place from Ravensbourne and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be my first choice. However I’m from wales so have to get accomodation there. What would anyone reccomend? I do really want to be in halls- where do most Ravensbourne students go? (I know all the options on the website just interested in what the students say about it)
    Hello Katieebohun,

I apologize on behalf of the other moderators who didn't attend to your question in good time. The nearest accommodation to Ravensbourne is Scape, but there are a few other accommodations available around the area too. Here is a link to the Undergraduate Accommodation page.

Scape would be your best choice if you want to experience the Halls experience, as majority of the students from Ravensbourne who live in accommodations are located there. It does have a social atmosphere, as the ground floor at Scape is usually fairly active with other students relaxing and having fun, especially before going out together as groups.

I stayed at Scape many times personally. I find it OK and often times ended up there to go out with friends, after we all gathered there for some drinks. As for the actual rooms, they aren't bad. They are small studio apartments, which helps a lot with privacy as you have your own personal cooking area and bathroom. Although there are large ovens and cooking area on the ground floor if you want to cook together with friends for a more social experience as well.

Most of the students that stay at Scape leave by second year to live together with friends they make at Scape and Ravensbourne, due to it being cheaper to do that rather than staying there.

hope this helps. If you have any more questions feel free to ask

Kind regards,
    Michail

University open days

1. Ravensbourne
    School of Design, School of Media Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Ravensbourne
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Ravensbourne
    School of Design, School of Media Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.