The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL MA Publishing 2018 Query

Hi! International student here with a question that is making me quite anxious.

Applied to MA Publishing, and during the mandatory interview, received an offer for the upcoming September 2018 intake. I was instructed by the department to wait for the official offer letter to be provided by the UCL Admissions.

However: I had indicated in my application that I had taken postgraduate MA units at a local university. As you know, the application requires that you submit TOR + Certificates of weighted averages. (i also have work experience in the respective industry that I want to study)

A week or so after my interview, I get an email from UCL Admissions asking when I would finish that prior MA. So answering honestly, I reply saying that since I had discovered MA in Publishing, and though I had finished all course work for the previous MA, I wasn't going to finish the previous course.

Six weeks after I completed my application (including interview) I make an enquiry regarding my application (It hadn't progressed past 'being assessed' on portico) and received a reply from UCL Admission: "you are being reassessed due to the information that you will not finish your [first] MA. This will take one or two more weeks."

Has this happened to anyone before? D: huhuh
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest