Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For GCSEs I received one 9, 2 A*s 2As 2Bs and a C in maths. I want to study law but at UCL the requirement for law is a B in maths. Would i be able to get around that with a great personal statement or should I rule UCL out completely. Also would I be able to be accepted into the following of my choicesCambridgeKCLUCLLSEQueen Mary

ReputationRep:
    No, get the A level predictions and you'll get an offer. Don't write rubbish in your personal statement though.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    jsk800 is right. You need to get your A level predicted grades first. I would suggest trying anyways and really putting in some work for your personal statement. I missed a grade in my A levels but somehow got accepted anyways, mind you the missed grade was unrelated to my subject. Good luck. No don't rule it out completely.

ReputationRep:
    a requirement is a requirement sadly and if you don't have the required maths grade then UCL would be completely within their right to chuck out your application, far better to put down another uni without that specific requirement.

in terms of the other universities like the other posters have said your a level predictions will be much more important than gcse grades so concentrate on that

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I went on a UCL open day recently and asked the same thing and I was told that GCSEs have little importance. Obviously idk if they were just saying that but🤷🏽*♂️ the law teacher I met said that AS>GCSEs. Also said that even if you fall a bit behind on the gcse requirements, you can get in with good a levels and good score on the lnat.

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.